Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivco Aeropeg® Flip-Out Highway Pegs | Rick's Reviews Episode 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB8040hZ91A&t=5s

In this 14th installment of Rick's Reviews, WingStuff.com's President and Founder Rick Arnoldo shares his thoughts and insights on Rivco Aeropegs for the Honda Goldwing.

About this product:

Aero Highway Pegs from RIVCO feature CNC machined billet aluminum streamlined stealth pegs that flip out with a flick of your boot and have several inches of forward-and-back adjustment. The pegs bolt to the valve covers, and the set comes triple chrome plated.

The pegs come in three finish choices - triple chrome plated and silver or black anodized. See recommended products.

Shop Rivco for your GoldWing Here:
    http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=rivco+aero+flip-out

Hi Rick. just a fyi.

Rivco came out with a tip about 18 months ago that hangs down so your boot tip can flip the pegs out from the closed position.
    A friend has them and loves them.
    https://rivcoproducts.com/shop/honda...800c-valkyrie/

Click image for larger version

Name:	gl18003a_offclosedwithnubdsc07309_altbw-500x325.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	92019Click image for larger version

Name:	011718middle4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	92020

I know a couple guys who bought these Aero Pegs from Wingstuff, because they didn't like the Kury mounts hanging off the guards.
    *****You may not like the Truth-But that don't change it!!*****
    "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are Stupid!."
    Rocky Tree/Progressive Mono tubes/Comfort Risers.
    Current Bikes
    2004 GL1800
    1986 GL1200 SEI
    1981 CB900C

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Hey Rocky, thanks for the great info...I'm definitely looking into this!

I bet the 300/400 dollar price tag is keeping these from selling very well.
        2016 GL1800 Candy Prominence Red leval1-bought August 24th,2017
        Clinton,Illinois

• kwthom
          kwthom commented
          Editing a comment
          As soon as I saw them, I was ordering them in the blink of an eye. They look good, and are very well made.

$300 is cheap, when you look at the price of a CB radio for the new Wing $1200 plus...starter/alternator $2000..."If you going to play...you are going to pay"

These are not for the new wing, 2017 on down.
          2016 GL1800 Candy Prominence Red leval1-bought August 24th,2017
          Clinton,Illinois

Originally posted by Markcuda View Post
            I bet the 300/400 dollar price tag is keeping these from selling very well.
            I like reading people like you who are to cheap to learn first, what they are talking about.

Go and build your own set of hi way pegs and try to market them. I'd like to see what yours would look like?
            I can vision it now- A plank with an arm attached to it, that looks like a plank with an arm attached to it when mounted.

Buying a CNC machine, and operating it isn't cheap. R&D cost time and money to perfect any product!

Most people I know don't care about cost. We want Quality!!
            Spending $300 or $400 for a quality product like the Rivco Aero Pegs is a small price to pay for personal comfort.

Two key answers are in the information I found below.

Fact:
            Posted by Rivco:
            A question was posed "what happens if the arm is extended in a tip over?"

Rivco's response:

Actually they have a special break away tab so in the event of a tip over they will break and not damage the Valve cover. We have put a lot of R&D into the design and have hundreds of riders who have these without fail.

We have our 2018 Goldwing in the shop now and are working on it as I type this. That is one of many new add on's that will be available.

*****You may not like the Truth-But that don't change it!!*****
            "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are Stupid!."
            Rocky Tree/Progressive Mono tubes/Comfort Risers.
            Current Bikes
            2004 GL1800
            1986 GL1200 SEI
            1981 CB900C

I have a set of these Rivco black anodized highway pegs on my trike. They look like part of the valve covers. Great for stretching out the legs, I like them.
              2007 GL1800 level1
              2015 Hannigan Trike n 2009 Tailwind

Working...
              X