X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky
    replied
    That little indicator would be blinking its heart out while lane splitting, that's for dam sure.

Leave a comment:

• travellingtenor
    replied
    I have MultiVex mirrors on my 01 too. They are great to see anything that is close to you. I still check over my shoulder but the mirrors do have their place.

Leave a comment:

• Corventure Dave
    replied
    I installed MultiVex mirrors on my 2005. I love em. Can see vehicles in the mirror all the way up to when they are right beside me. Unfortunately MultiVex is no longer in business, but Wingstuff has another brand available.
    I transferred the MultiVex to my 2016. I also always check over my shoulder when changing lanes or turning.

I like the idea of the blind spot warning. However for me it may be a distraction focusing on that little indicator. I can understand the price for the technology. But I would leave that to the individual as to weather this is a desired safety idea.

Corventure Dave

Leave a comment:

• Yellowbird
    replied
    Same here i just turn my head it works for me for 500 bucks why change not worth it for me. Ride a Lot Ride Safe.

Leave a comment:

• kwthom
    replied
    The mirrors? Sure, I can see the benefits there.

The blind spot monitoring... I'm in the majority of riders who learned the double head check technique a long time ago.

I do it when I'm in the cage as well.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    [QUOTE=kwthom;n121402]A year later, I note that the whole thing is a bit over $500.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. for a system that may or may not Help warn you?

Taken from Muth's own web site. [URL="https://shop.muthco.com/honda-gold-wing-gl-1800-signal-mirror"]https://shop.muthco.com/honda-gold-w...-signal-mirror[/URL]

[B]"This Blind Spot Warning System is not a substitute for proper lane change procedures.
    The system will not prevent contact with other vehicles or accidents.
    It may not detect every vehicle or object around you and it may indicate a vehicle is present when it is not.
    Drivers should always drive safely and never rely wholly on the system."[/B]

Personally. I have the blue tint Muth's on my bike and like them, to help me being seen by distracted cage drivers (Anything to help that is)

But the day when I can't look over my shoulder to see if its safe to change lanes!!
    Is the day I stay off the bike all together!.
    After all, YOU the Rider/Driver are Supposed to not trust your mirrors alone.
    YOU are supposed to look over your shoulder to be sure its safe to change lanes!!

I watched the video. The Icon.
    1. Is so small on the glass
    2. Is not in my line of sight to be beneficial to me! just sayin'
    3. When in bumper to bumper traffic-That Icon will have a fit, As I split lanes or as cages pass me?
    6. The radar unit fits in the Right front pocket. If ya got one.

Leave a comment:

• kwthom
    replied
    A year later, I note that the whole thing is a bit over $500.

Leave a comment:

• thewolfman
    replied
    If I turn my head to look is there still a blind spot ?

Leave a comment:

• meshego1
    replied
    I like the directional only. $599 plus a 2 hrs install. Overall, too much for me. Also, the warning icons should be enlarged.

Leave a comment:

• WY88
    replied
    Trust but verify. I ALAWAYS turn and look. $599, that's a stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Cruiseman
    replied
    I think they would argue that it is good to know if a vehicle is coming up behind you, even if you are not planning to change lanes or turn.

Leave a comment:

• Markcuda
    replied
    I guess turning our head to look is to hard to do.

Leave a comment:

• Cruiseman
    replied
    I hope to be installing it soon on my 2012. I will keep everyone updated! If it offers enough safety and can avoid a collision, it is well worth the price.

Leave a comment:

• Markcuda
    replied
    Way over priced.

Leave a comment:

• Boodad
    replied
    I like it a lot. But I'm not sure if I like it for 599 reasons. Also, it seems like the notification icon in the mirror is a bit small to see. I'd like to see a Red icon or arrow (like what the Mercedes cars have) as I believe that would alert one better.

Leave a comment:

• biglefti
    replied
    I think I'd be interested in that!

Leave a comment:

• Muth
    replied
    Yes, we are definitely looking at producing a Signal® Mirror kit for the 2018! Please stay tuned... :

Leave a comment:

• mattc
    replied
    Any plans for Muth with the new 2018 Goldwing/Tour?

Leave a comment:

• Cruiseman
    replied
    I think it is super cool, and a great safety enhancement.

Leave a comment:

• GLKeith
    replied
    Great product. Will be a tough sell for seasoned Wing owners.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page