Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable clutch brake levers

I would like to bring both levers in about an inch. Can it be done with the oems? Does anyone make an aftermarket lever for the GL1800C? Thanks.
    2014 Honda Valkyrie GL1800C/A

WHY??

What number do you have yours on now?

Play with the number to see if they do what you seek?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BRAKE.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	135496

Click image for larger version

Name:	CLUTCH.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	135497
    **You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**

"Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I don't understand your question: What number? The current levers are not adjustable.

Originally posted by garncarz View Post
        I don't understand your question: What number? The current levers are not adjustable.
        It would Help a LOT, if you told us what you are working on??

START HERE--- https://www.theglforum.com/forum/mot...-you-that-lazy

Some people never look At or read there owners manual. It’s amazing how much useful information is between the covers.
          Edit: looking on the inter web seams to show that the 1800 Valkyrie doesn’t have adjustable hand break and clutch levers. If the OP is brave enough, there used to be aftermarket levers for the 1500s that reduced the reach. I want to think it was Show Chrome.
          edit: looking at the parts fish the levers for the 1800s “look” very similar sans the adjuster knob on the Valkyrie levers. New 1800 adjustable levers are around $40. If you could find salvage it might be worth a try.

First off, I'm sorry about the lack of information. Just came over from another forum where I was a member for 10 years and everyone knew what everyone else was riding. So, I just bought a black 2014 Honda Valkyrie GL1800C/A (F6C). 3,800 miles. I have and have read both the owner's and factory service manuals. I am looking for a source for adjustable levers just like in the picture above, for both the brake and clutch. Thanks in advance!

First off, I'm sorry about the lack of information. Just came over from another forum where I was a member for 10 years and everyone knew what everyone else was riding. So, I just bought a black 2014 Honda Valkyrie GL1800C/A (F6C). 3,800 miles. I have and have read both the owner's and factory service manuals. I am looking for a source for adjustable levers just like in the picture above, for both the brake and clutch. Thanks in advance!
              After cross checking all the GL1800's (Basically all the same bikes Goldwing -F6B- Valk's other than features/plastics.)
              Honda doesn't reinvent the wheel-but takes/uses off the shelf parts for the same Platform. (GL1800 model)

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle

They all use the same Clutch & Brake master cylinders. (same part numbers)

Only the Valk doesn't have adjustable levers. (the Valk is what Honda last called the Standard in 84- The same bike as the Interstate & Aspencade Without the plastics & features)

So YES, you can buy a set of adjustable levers and swap them out.
              Replacing your non adjustable levers, for the adjustable set that are stock on the B & Goldwing models.

You'll have to decide if you want stock narrow or the chrome Wide levers. (Both with the adjustment dials).

I Like The wide levers with my big hands (personal choice)

Then you will be able to adjust the lever for what you were asking about.

FYI. if you take a lever of your bike, I bet they'll match these levers. (How they mount.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capturejj.JPG Views:	1 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	135506

I bought a 53170-MCA-305 and 53180-MCA-305. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Thanks.

I bought a 53170-MCA-305 and 53180-MCA-305. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Thanks.

That's the ticket! Dremmeled off the little tabs on the end and perfect fit adjustable levers. The Gen2 Valkyrie should have came from the factory like this. Thanks for your help.

• Rocky
                    Rocky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are Welcome.

Gad to hear you got them installed, and life in now better for you.

Good morning,
                  I have a question about the installation of your adjustable levers 53170-MCA-305 and 53180-MCA-305 on 2014 Valkyrie.
                  I purchased the same levers for my 2014 Honda Valkyrie the brake lever works fine, the clutch lever requires some preload to install the pivot bolt & clutch is partially engaged. Is there a fix for that?

Originally posted by 14blue View Post
                    Good morning,
                    I have a question about the installation of your adjustable levers 53170-MCA-305 and 53180-MCA-305 on 2014 Valkyrie.
                    I purchased the same levers for my 2014 Honda Valkyrie the brake lever works fine, the clutch lever requires some preload to install the pivot bolt & clutch is partially engaged. Is there a fix for that?
                    Make sure the Clutch master pin is inserted properly into the round brass fitting in the lever.

Or it will be a PITA to get the Lever pin installed through the lever. (Causing the clutch master to be engaged)

And be sure to grease all these points of contact. for smooth free movement.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page