Securing helmets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing helmets

I’m assuming most trike mfgs. do away the factory helmet locks or render them useless. When traveling and you have your trunks packed full, how do you secure your helmets at a stop? I’ve carried them in if the situation is right and I’ve let them lay on the seat again when the situation seems OK, although most the time I’m not really comfortable with this.
    How do you handle your helmets at a stop.

I leave mine on the bike, never had a problem so far. If I happen to be in a shady part of town I take it with me or stay where I can see the bike. YMMV
    DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
    2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike BS Driveguard

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Several years ago, we purchased replacement bolts for the clutch and brake levers that also act as helmet hangers with a little post that sticks up to slid the d-rings over. Then use a mini padlock to secure the helmet. Works great for us. Much more convenient than other places on the bike.

Originally posted by Pooch View Post
      I leave mine on the bike, never had a problem so far. If I happen to be in a shady part of town I take it with me or stay where I can see the bike. YMMV
      Ha! Pooch I Don’t know your age and mobility but setting in a restaurant positioned to watch my helmet setting on my Trike???? I guess I could take a picture with my phone as he runs away.

Originally posted by Bronson View Post

Ha! Pooch I Don’t know your age and mobility but setting in a restaurant positioned to watch my helmet setting on my Trike???? I guess I could take a picture with my phone as he runs away.
        Now that there is some funny stuff. Jimmy
        When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
        Jimi Hendrix
        Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page