Question for Wheels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question for Wheels

    Sir I would like to hear your thoughts on the Polaris Slingshot trike.

  • #2
    For those who do not know, 2.2 liter GM motor and tranny, 175 HP, all kinds of safety features - this is a Slingshot:


    Rob

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bucfan11 View Post
      For those who do not know, 2.2 liter GM motor and tranny, 175 HP, all kinds of safety features - this is a Slingshot:

      Thank you sir I was also wondering about the dynamics of having the two wheels on the front and I came across this site with some info about that.

      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


      • #4
        Originally posted by Retired Army View Post
        Sir I would like to hear your thoughts on the Polaris Slingshot trike.

        Sorry for my delay as I am out on the road and at the mercy of some bad Wi-Fi. Basically I am a whatever floats your boat guy given that I know what I like, but am not in a position to tell someone else what "they" should or should not like. When I was first introduced into the world of motorcycling, it was a GL1800 that I fell in love with. I have ridden an Ultra Glide and it was just not for me.

        With that said, I just don't find these attractive. I am not a Can-Am guy nor a Stallion, and would pass these by as well. Regardless of kits, I love the lines of a GL1800 trike and think they look good. Now mind you, I might take one for a spin, but at the end of the day, I would rather saddle up on my GL1800.

        Hope that helps. All the best.
        __________________________________________________ __________

        Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
        Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


        • #5
          What about a two-wheeled dirt bike, Mr. Wheels?

          Hahaha

          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


          • #6
            Originally posted by robeth View Post
            What about a two-wheeled dirt bike, Mr. Wheels? Hahaha
            Hey Bob, if memory serves me, you were bucked off a dirt bike as well!!!! Pot calling the kettle black huh? Lol!
            """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
            I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


            • #7
              They have long memories around here, no one can get away with nuthin..........Lol!

              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kit Carson View Post
                They have long memories around here, no one can get away with nuthin..........Lol!
                😀😀😀 Bwahahaha

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wheels View Post


                  Sorry for my delay as I am out on the road and at the mercy of some bad Wi-Fi. Basically I am a whatever floats your boat guy given that I know what I like, but am not in a position to tell someone else what "they" should or should not like. When I was first introduced into the world of motorcycling, it was a GL1800 that I fell in love with. I have ridden an Ultra Glide and it was just not for me.

                  With that said, I just don't find these attractive. I am not a Can-Am guy nor a Stallion, and would pass these by as well. Regardless of kits, I love the lines of a GL1800 trike and think they look good. Now mind you, I might take one for a spin, but at the end of the day, I would rather saddle up on my GL1800.

                  Hope that helps. All the best.
                  Thank you for the reply I was just looking for your take on it. I have hunted the net trying to find the difference between pushing two wheels as apposed to pulling them and have not found much on the subject. I am sure there is quit a difference. I am aware the handling of the side car is in a class by itself.

                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                  • #10
                    Lamont who has his own site called, I believe, spiderlovers.com would be a great guy to chat with. He knows these (those) things like the back of his hand. I am sure you would gather a great deal if info from him.

                    Give us all a heads up on what you come up with.
                    __________________________________________________ __________

                    Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
                    Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kit Carson View Post
                      They have long memories around here, no one can get away with nuthin..........Lol!
                      kit,
                      I was just telling about that video of wheels and the dirt bike to some associates of mine, they wanted to know
                      if he got back on for more practice? I said"the video didn't show that part"
                      jack
                      Jack & Jolene on a GL1800/Champion Trike out of Silver Springs, FL.

                      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bucfan11 View Post
                        For those who do not know, 2.2 liter GM motor and tranny, 175 HP, all kinds of safety features - this is a Slingshot:

                        I wonder why the went with GM running gear instead of their own?
                        I guess that going with automotive engine and gearing does have some advantages, especially when it is time for service or repairs.

                        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                        • #13
                          I've had Polaris snowmobiles for many years. Polaris makes great snowmobiles and I'm sure this will follow along those same lines.
                          T.A. Jens
                          The Pizza Man
                          1800 06 White Champion Trike
                          2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                          2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                          GWRRA Life Member

                          Comment: (For off-topic replies)

                          Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X