Do the French know something we don't?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the French know something we don't?

This should satisfy those that profess a trike is not a motorcycle. http://www.lazareth.fr/project/honda-goldwing-lazareth/

I like it but I'm not going to France to get
    Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Not in production yet, await French Approvals, Piaggo principal but more weight. This dude has built some very exciting stuff but all very highend... mostly over 100K / you'll have to use a Translator Program like Google Translator and Copy & Paste to Translate.... interesting website.... I like his Mini Cooper V8 Flatbed Truck / very cool with many uses, might have to use it to carry my billfold!!!
      Retired, Lifetime NRA, IBA #5831, AMA Lifer, HOG Lifer, Gypsy Tour Rider

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

It seems everyone is after that "Spyder" look these days. Might be that they are on to something. I suspect that some are figuring out that the population of riders is getting to a point that adding a third wheel is a good thing. Dave Hannigan had long ago come out with a similar "look" but it was a bit ahead of it's time, and given that he also added a trike kit, well, the bike was, as a car salesman is now famous for saying down in Florida...............HUGE! This does look sporty and for someone like me, I would like to take it for a spin so I ca see what all this talk about leaning is and why it is so important ;-) Once again the GL1800 serves as the power plant to move something like this around. Looking forward to seeing one up close.
        __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
        Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

This front end adapted to the GL1800 shouldn't be confused with any other type of known GL1800 three wheeler. Yes it looks similar to the Piaigo. But I'm sure it didn't copy it exactly (Patent infringement)

What this attachment does that no other conversion had been able to do yet, is still allow the bike to lean.
          That is big to me and I'm sure to many others who put off going to a TRIKE until they don't feel comfortable holding up a 1800 anymore.

Of all and I have seen many three wheel conversions in the past 13 or so years. This one is less bulky,It's the most streamlined, It's the most compact that allows airflow to the radiators.

Seeing how this company builds a lot of oneoff's. it makes one wonder if this will be offered for sale in the near future?? (No I didn't use the google translator to read every word)

I have no idea what that BLACK bar is where the center stand would be on a normal 1800? could be a better center stand lever??

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
          "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

• kwthom
            kwthom commented
            Editing a comment
            "I have no idea what that BLACK bar is where the center stand would be on a normal 1800? could be a better center stand lever??"

Attached to the swingarm pivot...

Rocky, I would agree that it looks good with being streamed lined and certainly can see where those that continue to want to lean would like it. I'm going to guess that one would need to really be attentive to ensure that you do lean so as to not have the bike want to bail out on the high side while going into a turn. I followed a Harley with a Voyager kit through the Dragon once and was really concerned for the riders as the bike was "leaning" the wrong way while in the turns as it appeared they could not lean "into" the turns. That had a wider wheelbase, so one would want to be attentive for sure. Looks like the black bar has a bit of a knobby end to it for supporting weight so maybe a "wider-beefier" center stand to account for the width and weight? Will be interesting to see how it sells if they are mass produced.
          __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
          Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

I'd of liked to see a picture of the frame and how it attaches to the 1800 frame neck.

I can understand how it'd have to be mounted, but pictures would of been nice.

I helped a guy with a Valkyrie install a Voyager kit. and a More dangerous kit I doubt I'll ever see. That was the most unnerving contraption I ever test rode. it flipped and flopped on the center rear wheel as I tried to make a left or right turn.

The owner said a couple weeks later hen I asked "Have you gotten used to it now?"
            He said "it's different, I have no choice if I want to ride a bike on my budget".

I believe he would of been better off selling his bike and buying a used real trike that wouldn't try and spit him on his ass. but that's just me.
            You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
            "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

• Retired Army
              Retired Army commented
              Editing a comment
              Rocky have you had any experience with two wheels in the front like the Can Am? I would imagine that turning sensations are the same as two wheels in the rear.

Hell,my wife has a 2014 can am spyder...omfg! It is a whole new learning curve especially if you've rode 2 wheelers most of your riding life. Holy crap I can't stand how touchy feely the steering is and there is no lean involved. You mostly feel gravitational forces pulling you.

Also I noted a silver colored bar underneath the bottom of the trike err or bike. It looks like it would drag on some speed bumps. All in all I would like take a test ride on one.
              Old Fred

I don't care for that type of setup. I'm wondering how wet you get riding this design or Can Am types, in the rain?
                T.A. Jens
                The Pizza Man
                1800 06 White Champion Trike
                2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                GWRRA Life Member

Interesting concept, there is a company in Washington producing a similar set up. I think the black configuration is a center stand by the way it is mounted and the bar under the bike is part of the front mounting system.

You could always go the ATV route.

• Retired Army
                      Retired Army commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Isn't the ground clearance a tad low on this for a all terrene vehicle?

Hannigan is now selling the HRT ( Hannigan Reverse Trike) which is similar to what workhorse is showing but with only one back wheel (stock). Only doing conversion at the factory right now, ordered mine last week. Go to their Facebook page to see it

Be careful...ATV's can't be legally driven on highways in some states...although most are registering them as motorcycles, there are LEO's who are aware of this and no doubt will get their jollies out of issuing you an invitation to the policeman's ball....check with your DMV.

New Hannigan HRT has three wheels as in trike. Only difference is two wheels in front,stock back.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page