Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk open Light

Posted this on another forum and only got on response. I need to know how the open switch on the latch for saddlebags are listed in the oem parts file. My trunk open light has stopped working, Shows closed all the time. When I look at the switch (haven't had time to remove it yet) it appears to have a broken washer looking piece of metal on one side. Not sure if this is supposed to be like that or not. But when I touched it with a screwdriver it showed the open light correctly. Closed the trunk and light went out. But stayed out when I opened the trunk again. I would like to look at the correct setup in the parts finche but have been unable to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Mama Chicken View Post
    Posted this on another forum and only got on response. I need to know how the open switch on the latch for saddlebags are listed in the oem parts file. My trunk open light has stopped working, Shows closed all the time. When I look at the switch (haven't had time to remove it yet) it appears to have a broken washer looking piece of metal on one side. Not sure if this is supposed to be like that or not. But when I touched it with a screwdriver it showed the open light correctly. Closed the trunk and light went out. But stayed out when I opened the trunk again. I would like to look at the correct setup in the parts finche but have been unable to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Buddy, check this out and let me know if this is what you were looking for. http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ADDLEBAG/TRUNK
    __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
    Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

There is a adjustment on the switch check to see if its set properly you may get away with adjusting it. When i got my wing in 2010 i had some problems with my saddlebags light staying on took it back to the dealer where they adjusted them i do check them on occasion can tithing the screws.
      2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

[QUOTE=Wheels;n59633]

Hey Buddy, check this out and let me know if this is what you were looking for. http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ADDLEBAG/TRUNK
        [/QUOTE

That's it Jim. Have found a rider close by that has a set. Trying to agree on price.

Roger, check out AddleBag/trunk.

Thanks guys. Have found a set of complete latches near me. Making arrangements to pick up.

I now have this issue on my '07. Am I correct in assuming the switches cant be replaced individually, but rather the whole assembly needs to be purchased and replaced.It seems the switches can be removed and replaced. Or not? Any help is appreciated.

Mutha * * * *!

Well I saw an assembly on ebay for $200 so I guess I gotta spend the money!

Yes I did. Tried manually triggering switches and the 1 closets to the driver not switching at all. It appears the switches are working opposite each other now. 2 switches per assembly. Which is why I asked if I could just replace a single switch.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page