Do you pull a trailer behind your trike?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiseman
    started a topic Do you pull a trailer behind your trike?

Do you pull a trailer behind your trike?

If you pull a trailer behind your trike, which one do you have?

• Fire trike
    replied
    We pull a trailer on most overnight trips and some afternoon shopping trips. We have an Escapade Elite and really like it with the exception of the crappy mounting method for the wing on the lid. I modified after having it a year and it is now rock solid.

Leave a comment:

• Touringon2
    replied
    I pull our trailer on any trip lasting 2 weeks or more. It makes life easier. It works for me. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

Leave a comment:

• madmack
    replied
    I pull a Can-Am trailer. Don't know it's back there and I have pulled it all over the country!

Leave a comment:

• jhuddle
    replied
    Here is our rig ready to go someplace or other!

Leave a comment:

• orange winger2
    replied
    Pull escapade and pot up tent trailer just not at the same time:p:p Just wondering if I were to get a class 1, do you think I could get away with pulling both at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• Fire trike
    replied
    We pull an escapade elite and love it. Only problem is Mrs Chief thinks she needs to fill it up every trip

Leave a comment:

• jhuddle
    replied
    Here is a shot of our rig in a parking lot in Silver Springs, Fl last night

Leave a comment:

• Solidbob
    replied
    Yep Wheels I have when I borrowed one from a friend during the spring.... about 450# so you need good brakes and then the SO puts her stuff in there.... was just to easy to over-load the bike or trike as I pulled it with both but the one I used did not have the front rack....more tongue weight. I just never felt real comfortable towing something as big or bigger than the bike or trike. Now my buddy has been towing one with a Can-Am Original Spyder for about 5 years I believe, doesn't set any speed records but he never did!! To crowded for us and gets plenty warm, would be hot without the roof vent... and freeze with an AC....

Leave a comment:

• cirbtap
    replied
    I have a 2008/1800 CSC Trike kit. I pull a Trailmaster pop up, fully loaded also.
    Don't even know it's back there. Try it, you'll like it.

Ride safe

Pat

Leave a comment:

• Oldnslow
    replied
    I have a Piggybacker that we pulled all over without a problem. Now look what the wife found today. I have always thought my wife surfs the net too much and today she proved my point. We have a yorky and Sherry hates it when we take off on the trike for a few days and our daughter has to baby sit. Well today she found her answer to the problem, now what do I do.

http://www.buggy.com/motorcycletrikepetcarrier.html

Scroll down the site.

Gene

Leave a comment:

• Ghostman
    replied
    Any pics of your trailer and trike?

Leave a comment:

• Lolead
    replied
    We began pulling a trailer when the '98 Lehman trike came with one. It was a Cyclemate and a very good trailer. On our way back from the Branson District Rally in 2007 we stopped at Gene's Gallery in Springfield, Mo. Sitting on the showroom floor was a brand new BLACK Hannigan Sierra. It was love at first sight !! Although I have had some cosmetic issues with the Hannigan, it has been wonderful to tow and hauls EVERYTHING we need to take with us. I believe the Hannigan will outlast me. Ride aware, Dave

Leave a comment:

• Frozn in Minnesota
    commented on 's reply
    Any one know how to hook up a brake controller on a wing?

• Wheels
    replied
    Originally posted by rdcapt View Post
    Jim, I found a trailer you could use. Ed

LOL, hey Ed, I hear that they now have medicine to help with that sudden urge to go, thus you can "unload" that thing.

Hope all is well up your way and looking forward to crossing paths again sometime soon.

Leave a comment:

• IOWASTROKER
    replied
    Johnny and Ruthie, more often than NOT, pull a Pearl White Bushtec Quantum GL.

Leave a comment:

• rdcapt
    replied
    Jim, I found a trailer you could use. Ed

Leave a comment:

• hparsons
    replied
    Originally posted by Wheels View Post

Mr Parsons now ya gone and done it. Why it's even in Red. It's like they knew I was looking. Thanks a bunch for the link. I need to see one of these up close and personal.
    I almost mentioned that the one on the page looked like it would match your bike! I've been looking at, and thinking about, teardrop campers for about two years now. I really like the idea of being able to just stop with no setup, and climb into the camper. However, almost all of those that are commercially made are too heavy for a bike, and I'm just not up to trying to make my own as a project (yet). The "little guy" that these folks make looked like the closest I'd come to one that might work, but it still weighed in at around 800 lbs.

Then yesterday kismet struck. I got my GWRRA magazine, and they actually had an ad in for the MyPod (same maker) advertised with a trike. About an hour after seeing that, I log onto here, and you guys are talking about the Little Guy camper. Timing was good.

I didn't see any photos of the interior, but I have a sneaky suspicion that if they're around a while, one of these (or something similar) may be on my "want it someday" list.

Leave a comment:

• Pizza Man
    replied
    Wheels, Nancy makes you bring that trailer along in case your a bad boy. Then she puts you in it.

Leave a comment:

• Wheels
    replied
    Originally posted by hparsons View Post

Wheels, the folks that make that teardrop (Little Guy), now make a slightly smaller "ready" camper that they advertise for trikes. It's called a MyPod:

http://www.golittleguy.com/model?id=...el=MyPod-Basic

Specs say it has a full size bed inside, and weighs in at 490 lbs.

Mr Parsons now ya gone and done it. Why it's even in Red. It's like they knew I was looking. Thanks a bunch for the link. I need to see one of these up close and personal.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page