Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Boards?

My wife and I are in the process of having a Roadsmith kit installed on our 2012 Gold Wing. I kind of like the look of the Wing Guards/Running Boards, but my wife says no. "They make the bike look too heavy--too much like a trike."

Other than giving me an extra position for my feet, what is the reason FOR buying the running boards?

Besides the fact that leaving them off makes the trike look more "bike-like," is there any reason to NOT get the Wing Guards? Click image for larger version

Name:	hts-front-page.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	130035

Attached Files

Aesthetics mainly.

Just tell the wife they are aerodynamic Feet protectors in the rain.

BTW- 3 wheels is no longer a motorcycle. just saying!!
    **You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**
    "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"
    1981 CB900C -DCT
    1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT
    2004 GL1800 - "Modified Ring & Pinion"

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• Rocky
      Rocky commented
      Editing a comment
      Figures a mental midget like you wouldn't know/realize/understand they change the designation from Motorcycle to a TRIKE!!
      When a third wheel is added to a two wheeled motorcycle.

Then again I'll let it slide,knowing there is a for rent sign on your forehead.

• Wheels
      Wheels commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL........I love it when I am able to point out your short comings. LOL It's called a Trike as it's Sir name, but everyone knows...well, there IS always an exception to every rule, that's it's a 3 wheeled motorcycle. Try and keep up will ya buddy. Oh, and tell me, how tall are you again? And you are not allowed to wear your Elton John platform shoes when getting the measurement.

• Rocky
      Rocky commented
      Editing a comment
      Try telling that to normal people!!

What do you ride??
      A three wheeled motorcycle!.

Oh YOU Mean a Trike!!
      As in what a kid rode when he couldn't handle two wheels yet!!

Next up for you reliving your childhood. "Depends"

You have heard of the saying, Happy Wife, Happy Life haven't you? They make it look like a trike because It Is a trike.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Now some might think that a fellow who does not have legs would know much about these things where one might put a foot, however, I actually do....cause I know enough of you people with those added appendages that frankly I think are over rated, called feet. LOL I actually like mine a great deal. For me, I think they complete the bike and give it a finished look. The also help with road debris being kept off the rear fender...which you should get #M of some protective coating on ASAP so as to help keep them looking good. They help with water management when riding in a little rain....please refer to the attached picture. LOL I have been told that some like to take the foot pegs off and just use the running board as a place to put the drivers feet down in a more comfortable position.....(I can not conform that, LOL). Yes, depending on make and model they can be a pain to take off for various maintenance activities, but my humble opinion is they all look good regardless of kit. Just two cents from a guy who has never used them, but has hand them each of his last two bikes. Of course, there is always that saying, which has been shared about Momma and her being happy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheels in water.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	130051

__________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
      Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
        Now some might think that a fellow who does not have legs would know much about these things where one might put a foot, however, I actually do....cause I know enough of you people with those added appendages that frankly I think are over rated, called feet. LOL I actually like mine a great deal. For me, I think they complete the bike and give it a finished look. The also help with road debris being kept off the rear fender...which you should get #M of some protective coating on ASAP so as to help keep them looking good. They help with water management when riding in a little rain....please refer to the attached picture. LOL I have been told that some like to take the foot pegs off and just use the running board as a place to put the drivers feet down in a more comfortable position.....(I can not conform that, LOL). Yes, depending on make and model they can be a pain to take off for various maintenance activities, but my humble opinion is they all look good regardless of kit. Just two cents from a guy who has never used them, but has hand them each of his last two bikes. Of course, there is always that saying, which has been shared about Momma and her being happy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheels in water.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	130051
        Look Pal, You don't have a leg to stand on in this Footboard issue.

Legs are very much in vogue, at a butt kicking contest. But with you being ahh Short-sighted, you can't see above knee caps to get the Drift!

As far as riding in the Rain.
        Normal people wouldn't ride a Trike,in the Florida Surf for the hell of it.
        But as your upside down picture shows, You aren't all that sharp, But did so anyways!

BTW- Did you take a Fuse box cover from your buddy's bike?, Just to screw with him?

**You may not like the Truth-But that doesn't change it!**
        "Life is Tough-It's tougher when you are stupid"
        1981 CB900C -DCT
        1986 GL1200 SEi - DCT
        2004 GL1800 - "Modified Ring & Pinion"

• Wheels
          Wheels commented
          Editing a comment
          OH BROTHER...I need to help you out with new "material." You're repeating your one liners way to often. LOL.

Yeah, I talked with him last night and we had a good laugh.

• Rocky
          Rocky commented
          Editing a comment
          Look Madam. New material is never needed around here!!.(just sayin)
          When I play to a audience that suffer's CRS,
          Who can't remember where they put a key-so they bought a bike with a FOB.
          You know how that will end!!

Look at your buddy. He lost a cover that shouldn't ever be lost. But him being special n all. "He Did"

BTW-Tell him "He's welcome"

Now back to our main attraction. It’s all a matter of preference. Personally, we wouldn’t be without the boards. Not only do they offer splash and debris protection from whatever is being kicked up by the front wheel, they offer some wind protection, too. My feet and toes don’t get near as cold on cooler mornings. I know of one man that didn’t have them installed on his Roadsmith because of the cost. On one of his trips where was a lot of sand on the interstate. the sand had kicked up and hit the rear fenders and his trailer enough that he had to have them repainted. It wasn’t cheap because it meant having to disassemble the trike’s body work. Lesson learned, and he now has them. If you think about it, all that crap coming from the road is not only hitting the rear fenders , but the passenger legs as well. Your choice. You can always have them added later if the need arises.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page