Radio Interference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Interference

Installed a Innovv C-5 camera system on 2018 Goldwing Tour. Works great but causes interference to the point that the AM/FM radio is unusable. Any one know of a solution or know where the radio is actually located?

Possibly some ferrite chokes added to the wiring that feeds power and data to the camera could help, depending upon the source of the noise. It is worth a try.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

If the power leads to the camera system aren't shielded, ferrite chokes could be helpful. If the camera itself is generating the noise, there's not much that would help that.

As I recall, the 2018 radio is under the trunk, seen with the seat removed.

Originally posted by PC550 View Post
        Installed a Innovv C-5 camera system on 2018 Goldwing Tour. Works great but causes interference to the point that the AM/FM radio is unusable. Any one know of a solution or know where the radio is actually located?
        Added ferrite chokes they did not help at all. Contacted Innovv they advised they have made an update to the "PCB on the converter" which should reduce interference. They are sending me one free of charge. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Originally posted by PC550 View Post

Added ferrite chokes they did not help at all. Contacted Innovv they advised they have made an update to the "PCB on the converter" which should reduce interference. They are sending me one free of charge. Hopefully that will solve the problem.
          Did the replacement unit arrive? If so, did it fix the problem?

Replacement converter has not arrived yet, first one was apparently lost in shipment. Contacted Innovv they said they would send another one. Has been about three weeks since they re-shipped, should be here any day. Will post the results when it arrives.
            Last edited by PC550; 08-02-2018, 06:07 AM. Reason: Replacement power converter arrived. Definitely made an improvement.

The Am/FM antenna is in the top of the right saddlebag. I had one of their video systems on my last bike with no interference issues but did not have Am/FM radio.

Where did you mount the DVR? Power converter?

Interference notwithstanding, how do you like the camera?
                2015 Basic Black.
                2000 Valkyrie Interstate, blue/silver.

previously: 1997 Valkyrie, 1988 GL1500, two GL1200, many other Hondas

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Working...
                X