BeadPro Forged Steel Tire Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeadPro Forged Steel Tire Tool

Heavy duty shop version of the innovative BeadPro tire tool...

https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0536

Anybody here used these -specifically- on GL1800 tires?

I really don't have room for a full-on floor setup - a quality set of these might be worth it?

I bought a set of those..I think I got the Aluminum set...I tried them on a DR 650 rear wheel...Honestly I really did not care to much for them, I hate scratching

the rim... Breaking Beads on some tires, at times, I would rather give a lion a HJ in a phone booth with 200 grit sandpaper.

I think I have tried just about every spoon,bead breaker sold...and just about every method, I have not failed to change any tire, but I really hate doing it....

Either I am just dumb (most likely) Lazy, or just don't have the patience (maybe all of them) I just sucked it up, and bought This:

https://www.derekweaver.com/bikers-g...-tire-changer/

Now I don't mind changing any tire. IMO the assist arm is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

John
    John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Oh, it's definitely not a fun task, which is why bike shops ding up for up to $50 for an off-bike tire replacement - even if you bought it there.

Again, I physically don't have the room for elaborate setups, so I need something that can be stored in a roll-away.

I did read the shorter aluminum bars are 'okay', which is why I'm asking about the longer, forged steel version.

Read elsewhere that a rider was able to do a GL1800 front tire with reasonable ease using these, which is what I'm after.

For $20, I can take a rear wheel & tire to Discount Tire and be done in 20 minutes.

I did not see the length of these..16 Inches...oh, so much more leverage...Now your talking with that length. The ones I bought were only 9 inches, and they did work...but changing some of my race tires,and tires on my Carbon Fiber wheels...you just can't use normal tire tools...

The Steel 16 inch tools your asking about for sure will make changing, the front tire so much easier. They do work OK, the 9 inch... but the added length will really help... Sorry I missed the length

John

I'm not sure if you have ever seen this video, Shows the 16 inch steels at work:https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=dAKIuSjPXxA

John

Yeah, saw that. It's pretty much how I'm thinking it'll work.

So, I have this - along with the tire - ready to go.

I'm hopeful as early as tomorrow I can give this a shot & see how much profanity I can spew... :D

Originally posted by kwthom View Post
                So, I have this - along with the tire - ready to go.

I'm hopeful as early as tomorrow I can give this a shot & see how much profanity I can spew... :D
                If you don't post a youtube video?

It NEVER Happened. Don't make me come out there!
                You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

• kwthom
                  kwthom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know... we'll see about that video.

NO video yet...maybe I'll stage something when I burn off the rear tire.

Damn hot out in the garage; the tire has been removed - I needed a break.

If you have anything other than the brushed-aluminum (natural) wheels, it's gonna mark 'em up unless you use something to protect them. The problem then is you may not get quite the bite you're looking for to pop the bead(s) off the rim.

I've beat the black off my rims in a few spots during removal, which really wasn't *too* bad.

Now to beat them up in the same spots putting the new tire on.

Oh - a good tip I learned from Rocky on the removal of balance beads from a tire. It worked well! I'm not taking credit for it; I'll let Rocky post it at his convenience.

• Rocky
                  Rocky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry to hear about your wheel. I'll stick with my method.

• kwthom
                  kwthom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Eh, a little black paint...and they'll do for now. Seriously, I got other things to deal with at this time. Those wheels are painted, not anodized or anything like that. Not that well, either. :/

Popping the second bead on was a world-class pain in the a$$ - dang! The total job took about two hours too long. The heat was oppressive, along with a couple of trips inside to cool and to do some research. The tool did a remarkable job in breaking the bead, and spooning the bead back on.

I need to clean up enough to get to W-M & get oil and filter. I want this to be done today.

• kwthom
                  kwthom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A- for the tool; C- for the damage I did to my rim's coating...er, "paint"

Since I don't have a spare wheel, gonna have to devote some time to refurbishing that at another time.
              Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page