Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imaginery leak,,,,lying tyres

I rode over a level railroad crossing today,at 39mph.The track punched the tyre causing my "low tire pressure" warning light to flash. Naturally i pulled up and inspected the tires,all fins.I rode on for a few miles and repeated the inspection,once again all fine.This was this morning so after a day of mile covering gentle riding the warning light has stopped flashing .Does this warning sensor reset it self as it appears to have done.The bike is just getting better by the day,we can cover large (by UK standards) amounts of miles/distances
    Thoroughly enjoying the tour
    regards
    John and Laura

John and Laura,

I do envy you guys. I wish I could go to the UK and take the time to do what you are doing in the US. And then probably over to Europe!

Sorry I can't offer any help with the TPMS. My Wing is a 2004 and they do not have the system so I have to check the tires the old fashioned way. Have I missed it or are you doing a blog or trip report on this site or elsewhere so we can keep up with your adventure?
    Harvey
    Ride Safe and Ride Often

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

As the tire gets hotter the the pressure will rise above the low pressure threshold and the light will go out.
      Your tire probably is low on pressure and the light is likely to be back on in the morning once the tire has cooled off.

Also, the cheap batteries in the in-wheel sensors don't last very long if the Goldwing is ridden a lot. Pressure sensor battery service life depends on on-time or riding time rather than calendar time.

Sometimes the system will display an alarm condition early in the morning when you begin riding because overnight temps have allowed tire inflation pressure to decline below the threshold but sometimes a sensor battery that is getting weak is slow to start transmitting when temps are cooler.

The system alarm will be reset if a tire inflation pressure is increased above the threshold.

The wheel pressure sensors require wheel and tire removal from the motorcycle and tire removal from the wheel in order to replace. Only Honda dealers sell them and dealers may not stock wheel sensors.
        Harvey Barlow
        Crosby County, TX
        2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
        2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

HBARLOW,GREAT INFORMATION ,i will be planning a new tyre stop with a Honda dealer en route,once i now the location i will ask the good folk on this site if there is any negative feedback on said Honda dealer before

Harvey
          You would cover so much or many countries in Europe in two days on a Gold wing,Germany has the best roads (dont mention the war lol)
          I would like to get some photos and an update onto this site if OK,of our next stage,,,Ann Arbor to salt lake city,i cant wait to set of in a few days.The Honda has been cleaned polished and patted affectionately

Thankyou Gentlemen
          regards
          John and Laura

Hi missed this some how you guy are right tire pressure really vary with temps since putting on my FoBo TPMS. I have seen pressure increase by 4 to 6 pounds when riding never new there was so much fluctuation in tire pressures. Best simple and cheap upgrade for me i now ride knowing were my pressures are all the time a great peace of mind.
            2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

My rear tire gains pressure from a cold inflation pressure of 41 psi to 51 psi when loaded with travel luggage and running 75 mph or greater on interstates.

Inflation pressures prescribed by the manufacturer are always cold inflation specs. Never reduce inflation pressure on a hot tire. It will return to normal pressure when it cools.
              Harvey Barlow
              Crosby County, TX
              2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
              2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page