Help on the road cb and radio not working.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on the road cb and radio not working.

Had a unexpected low speed get off. Bike laid over on left side. After righting and getting back on the road every thing seemed to be working okay. About 40 miles later stopped for the night. Went to get something hit minor bump and the screen blinked and went blank except for mileage. Then when I cycled the display it showed the cb and aux working but no sound. After killing it and starting it again. The screen only shows mileage. It acts like when I changed the air filter and didn't get the radio connection clicked back in good. Checked the radio fuse it is good. Also disconnected the battery negative side and reconnected. Also pulled the switch panel to make sure there was no water in the switches, when it went down it was hailing and raining. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Sorry for the slow response, What year of bike? Were you riding it when the screen blanked out? Check audio controls again on the left handlebar, check all the buttons on the panel on the tank just in case they got pushed in and turned everything off like the AUDIO, CB, and NAVI. Might try some electrical contact cleaner also.
    DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
    2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Thanks it is an 06 airbag. Did some more trouble shooting. All of the panel light work. Checked the wiring going into the trunk lid no pinched wire that I can find. Have a rivco trailer hitch checked both wiring harness that run close to the supports but still no signs of wear.

Plugs to the radio itself?
        GL1800 8A - TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 900

Connection under the dash just above the ignition?

Thanks I will try the connector under the meter panel after breakfast. None of the switches appear to be stuck. I also suspect the connectors going to the radio, since I have no audio but the gps works except for sound.

Made it home after 4 days on road without intercom,cb or radio. Started checking everything per trouble shooting guide. Opened it up down to the radio, connections good, all fuses and relay good. Ground on connector good. Constant voltage on connector good. ACC and ON voltage good. On display nothing associated with the sound system displays. I have power going in but evidently nothing coming out of the radio. I think I am out of luck must have some how shorted out.

Any possibility of borowing a radio to see if theirs works on your bike, or posssibly put yours on another bike to see if it works there?

If I have some other problem I don't want to jeopardize some one else's radio and unfortunately air bag radios are different than the other models. I PM LarryM who works on radios but not airbag ones. He said it sounded like the radio. Now it has degenerated further. When I turn on the bike the display lights up white then goes dark. I hate electrical issues.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page