Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No low beams

Took a nice ride on my '05 wing today. But discovered no low beams. I find it unlikely both bulbs burned out at the same time. I checked fuses for low beam and headlight relay and they look OK. (didn't put a meter on them) Before I troubleshoot further, anybody got any ideas where to look first?
    2005 Black Cherry GL1800A

I had both low beams go out on me on my 2007 at exactly the same time, in the dark, on the highway! If not for my driving lights and high beams, not sure what I would have done.
    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

It is very possible that both low beams did in fact go out at the same time. A quick way of checking the fuses is....remove the fuse for the low beams, and install another fuse of equal size into that same port. If it makes no difference, then replace one of the low beam bulbs. They are NOT hard to get to.

It happened to me, both went at the same time!

Sho'nuff, both bulbs were burned out. Easy fix. Thanks for the help.

You're not the first one to be bitten by that one!

Had this happen but I had gotten over on rumble strips at just right speed and shock crap out of bike, it broke both bulb filaments. They were not blacken as when they burn out. Talked to sylvainia and that is not uncommon in applications where shock can happen, especially since they are on and hot. Last summer was ride with other on wing and hit hit pot hole and bam they went. Luckily I began carring spares

Just out of curiousity....how many years and miles were on them? I had one burn out this past Fall. It was original oem bulb on my 07 with 52,000miles.

Dan
                2007 dark blue Navi
                Traxxion "Mega Monty"
                IBA 54656

jcardea, now that makes sense. I was having trouble getting my head around why this would be so common.

Hoosier Daddy, they are the originals and would have been 10 years old in July. I had a high beam go out a couple years ago and replaced both of them then.

I must say ( " Ripp believe it or not ") I was considering suggesting replacing the lamps, but why both at once??
                    GL1800 8A - TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 900

Mine also went out two at a time. It's an 08 and it was the summer before last while I was in North Carolina. Fortunately it was day time and finding the bulbs was painless.

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                        I must say ( " Ripp believe it or not ") I was considering suggesting replacing the lamps, but why both at once??
                        The quality of the light degrades over time. I had read that before my one high beam went out and when I replaced the one I had a look before replacing the other. The difference was obvious.

Happened to me a few years ago...

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page