Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking tire air pressure. Gauge brand

My current Accutire gauge is digital display type. Battery is giving up. Need to replace them. I carry one on the bike and one at home in the shop

i usually spend 10 - 15 bucks and use the tool for several years. The ones I've had alll seem to be close to same pressure when checked with other gauges of similar quality.

Looking for comments - suggestions
    2013 Red Airbag 1800

I've found that the even the cheap Slime digital gauges are fairly accurate and seem to be consistent with my TPMS readings.
    I have pretty much quit using the old pencil type gauges. There has always been too much variation in reading between them.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

http://www.ghmeiser.com/ez-air-series.htm This the one I like. Locks on the valve and can fill or release air while hooked up. Milton also makes some nice quality gauges as well.
      2013 Black F6B

The batteries are replaceable - at least they are on the MS430B gauges I have in all three of my vehicles.

They use two two CR2032 lithium batteries, which are readily available. A really small Philips head screwdriver lives in my bike's toolbag just for that reason.
        Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Originally posted by JeffP View Post
          http://www.ghmeiser.com/ez-air-series.htm This the one I like. Locks on the valve and can fill or release air while hooked up. Milton also makes some nice quality gauges as well.
          EZ02 for me. Also enjoy the lock and release air features.

my last couple of cheapy Accutire gauges when the battery went dead , that was it. A new battery and the unit had lost its programing.

i have a slime brand tire guage in my truck. maybe I'll buy another. thanks for ideas
            2013 Red Airbag 1800

$13.68 on AMAZON.

Originally posted by JeffP View Post

I dug out some old tire gauges... I tend to keep them after they are worn out , like the old cell phones in a drawer. Still have my Motorola small brick phone.

I learned that one of the old Accutire pressure gauge has replaceable batterys. SR44 type button battery. Dang thing works great now.
                2013 Red Airbag 1800

I use a Slime 20187 which has a wrap around hose on it. I have used it for about 8 months and think it is pretty easy to use. The problem with it is the numbers are not very clear when the sun is really bright.
                  Terry

DS# 1595
                  2008 Honda GL1800
                  1980 Suzuki GS850G
                  1972 Suzuki GT750
                  1973 Honda CB350

I have not found a good pressure gauge yet just keep junking them. I have been keeping and eye on the EZ air products they look nice going to try one out.
                    2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page