Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing cruise set light.

Well guys it was nice here in central indiana today, so I thought let's take a short ride thru the hood. Bike ran great. I came back to do a little deep cleaning. Took off seat and washed road grime from everything I could get too. I had the garden hose to rinse it down. Went and changed oil. After all that was done I went for another quick ride and now the cruise set light is flashing. Did I get something wet? Or disturbed a wire? Or much worse? Anyone have any ideas where to start looking. It doesn't start flashing when u start it, not until you start to ride it. Oh it a 03 1800 with about 35k on it.

Does your electric reverse feature still work?

My 2010 w/93k miles recently experienced a failure effecting both electric reverse and cruise control. To my surprise several shared components are involved with those two unrelated features. My failure was primarily a module related to the reverse function but it also disabled the cruise control. My Goldwing spent weeks in a Honda dealer's service department before it was repaired. Fortunately for me, I had purchased a HondaCare extended warranty which covered the cost of repairs which was significant.
    Harvey Barlow
    Crosby County, TX
    2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
    2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I thought about that and it was working fine. I don't know if this is just something that went bad today or me doing some cleaning caused it. I will try to dig in again tomorrow.

Is anyone out there listening. Wow I can't believe someone doesn't have an idea.

Wow nothing?

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page