Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelling Gas Fumes

I have a 2010 and the last couple of rides i have getting a gas vapor smell. Not right away seems to happen after a hour into a ride when the motor is at operating temp i haven't over filled the tank in a long time. Maybe its time to change the charcoal canister in the recovery system not sure haven't read about to many problems other then over filling the tank. I also double checked the gas cap its nice and tight.
    2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

YB, I have not heard of anyone ever needing to replace the charcoal canister on the GL1800s. You may want to check and see if you can find a loose hose that is supposed to be plugged in to the charcoal canister, that may be venting to open air.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I had that happened on a 1500 after I had over filled fuel tank. Took a while befor fumes quit stinking up the joint.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Related Topics

Collapse

• Redwing2012
        water in gas tank
        by Redwing2012
        I put some left over gas from Hurricane I in had in a plastic tank in my 2012 Wing and after 30 seconds it choked out and will not start. I need help on what to do next.
        09-21-2017, 08:20 AM
      • srt8-in-largo
        5 gallon Tourtank on an F6B
        by srt8-in-largo
        YEEEEEE-HAWWWWW guys! I finally got my Tourtank hooked up today and the thing works great... better than I expected!

This is the 16" long tank with a 10" diameter. I gave my impressions...
        10-10-2015, 09:45 PM
      • Rocky
        Fuel Pump -Dump.
        by Rocky
        Retso-bike fuel pump decided it had enough.

2007- 73,000 miles

A coincidence or not. I'm glad it died now rather than after I gave the bike back.

A few weeks...
        11-11-2020, 07:24 AM
      • RickW
        GL1500 Help
        by RickW
        Our SE Ohio Ride that a lot of you have participated in went well today. 130 people and about 85 bikes.
        We did have one break down and need help or information for the person. He has a 1999 1500...
        08-08-2015, 07:01 PM
      • CAC
        Drastically reduced fuel mileage
        by CAC
        I ran about 6 tanks of fuel over the past week and my fuel mileage is way down. I have an 08 non ABS with just under 300,000 miles on it. I bought it 8 years ago new. I have consistently got 40 mpg until...
        03-23-2016, 03:51 PM
      Working...
      X