Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012+ and iTunes' audiobooks

Has anyone downloaded an iTunes' audiobook to an iPod and played it on a 2012+ ? Under Aux/iPod> menu> playlists> there is no Audiobooks (or Books) choice.
    2014 Black Goldwing Level 3

I would think it your setting should be on Aux i know the 12s have a special hook up. I have 2010 and i have to be in aux mode to use my iPhone.
    2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I buy my books thru Audible, D/L to my pc then >Add files to iTunes> sync to your ipod> choose the music icon and you will find audiobooks. Also works with iPhone 4 thru 6!

The firmware on the GL1800 only supports full iPod functionality with the iPod devices listed on page 130 of the owners manual.

If you use an iPod classic or iPhone you will only see the audiobooks as music files mixed in with all of you other music. This doesn't work very well as you can't fast forward or skip within a music file through the Wings audio controls.

My workaround is a second iPod classic in the glovebox with a bluetooth remote for listening to audiobooks and podcasts.

For whatever reason the first iPods and the newer "Classic" iPods do not store/access music files the same way as the Nano/Touch series.

AndyCBR, I have a 5th or 6th version of a Nano. Page 130 shows both are compatible. "Audiobooks" displays on the Nano, but selecting IPOD> Mode> Menu> Playlists Audiobooks is not a choice. Furthermore the title of the book is not listed under Albums or Songs. It appears I will have to convert to a MP3 file, which I don't want to do.

Originally posted by gray red rider View Post
            AndyCBR, I have a 5th or 6th version of a Nano. Page 130 shows both are compatible. "Audiobooks" displays on the Nano, but selecting IPOD> Mode> Menu> Playlists Audiobooks is not a choice. Furthermore the title of the book is not listed under Albums or Songs. It appears I will have to convert to a MP3 file, which I don't want to do.

Sorry as far as I know it should work. Techline may (or may not) be able to help.

I had no idea you were using a Nano 5th/6th based on your previous post.

Well I did call Honda Customer Support. Lady didn't know what an Audiobook was, but she did put me on hold and shortly came back. She suggested that I start the book playing on the iPod and then connect to the bike. That worked, but it showed 1/1 for selection indicating to me that it is just going to continue playing from start to finish without chapter breaks. I'll find out when I can get out for a ride. When I did connect it it did start from where I had last listened to the book. I told her I would like her to add a comment to Honda to please add Audiobooks to the Menu. She said she would.

On another note I asked her also to add a comment for Honda to allow the choice of Auto recalculate and Do not recalculate in Settings in reference to Routing with the navi unit. I told her I understood Honda's safety consciousness regarding navi inputs while riding, but this would not require rider inputs while actually riding.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page