Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone figured out the TPMS went to the Darkside light blinking

Put a car tire on my 2018 non tour and my TPMS light is blinking due to the lower rear tire pressure went to my dealer thinking they could reset the pressures on the system was told they couldn't do anything for me. Looks like its back FoBo for me dose any one know of a work around i could do or have done. Don't mine the blinking lights that much may just have to live with it. Or have the system wipe out or disabled this will require the removal of the valve stems sensors and can go back to Tee Valves.
    Starts
    09-22-2019
    Ends
    09-23-2019
    2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Put more pressure in tire

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

With the last GL series, I have read that swapping the front TPMS sensor with the rear sensor did the trick. However that still requires dismounting both tires to make the swap.
      More ideas? Lets hear em.

Corventure Dave

For quite some time, the company that sells aftermarket equipment was unable to reprogram the sensors that come in the '18+ bikes.

I have recently read elsewhere that this has changed.
        Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

TPMS sensors need to be re-calibrated as before.

Call tirerack and ask them if their TPMS re-calibrator will work on the 18/19 bikes?.

They do on the 06-17 Gl1800's.
          Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
          "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
          Current bikes.
          1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
          1986 GL1200 SEi
          2004 GL1800

Thanks Rocky i buy from tirerack so i will give them a call new you would have a fix for this to Tirerack i go. Ride Safe Ride A-lot

2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
              TPMS sensors need to be re-calibrated as before.

Call tirerack and ask them if their TPMS re-calibrator will work on the 18/19 bikes?.

They do on the 06-17 Gl1800's.

Do they have to remove the TPMS unit from the wheel to do that?

• Rocky
                Rocky commented
                Editing a comment
                No.
                The re calibrator,is held close to the outside of the wheel,near the sensor for the reprogramming.

I have the motortrike conversion on an ‘18 DCT..since it now has the three wheels with 24psi on the rear wheels,TPMS Light stays on. Not only because of TWO wheels in the rear, but factory setting on the tpms is around 35 psi.. roughly 5 pounds below the recommended tire pressure.

wingman16 were ever you bought your conversion from would be responsible for reprogramming your sensors I would go after them to do it. If you don't have any luck there PM me and we can split the cost of the tool. You have two i have one. Or you may don't have any sensors in your rear wheels, were you can use FoBo units on them and maybe disable your TPMS on the bike to stop the blinking. I was told that it can not be disabled from Honda due to being part on the ECM. Good Luck Ride Safe Ride A lot.

Thanks Yellowbird. Have been using the FOBO’S since 2013.. they work pretty nice, until you have to replace one. Really difficult to erase one and add another. Talked to the manufacturer (he is overseas), of course. Very friendly fellow by the way. Was unable to delete them. Wife had them on a canam. Sold that bike and bought the Goldwing and triked it. Was going to use them on it, no good... we don’t have the tpms installed because of only one sensor, and cannot be reset. Motortrike in Troup Tx, hasn’t figured it out yet. Sorry so long.

Traxxion Dynamics a pretty good video on the 2018 Goldwing TPMS. They are trying to figure them out also. Since they are a part of the canbus system, difficult to trick.

Thanks wingman16 for the info going to order a new FOBOs myself. The ones I have are giving me some troubles I have spoken with the manufacturer myself several times mine are over ten years old good product and great support. Max is great with everything he is doing with the new wing I am hoping to figure out this too. Don't like the new crappy wheel sensors Honda is using battery support sucks and is going to be a problem down road. Going to call Honda to talk with someone about this problem there is a reprogrammer out to reset the wheel sensors just don't want to make the purchase until i do more research on it. Has soon as i fine out any details you will be one of the first I will notify. Thanks Ride Safe Ride A lot.

Ok spend the hold day trying to talk with Honda USA about the TPMS system and relay got no information except what is in the owners manual. I Believe they know theres a issue with the tire sensors and system in general. They kept referring me back to my dealer which we all know is useless but after a 30 min conversation I came to a decision I was now wasting my time.

Has a dark sider rider this is a issue for us and for all other riders or new Wing buyers just beware has along your happy and follow Honda guide lines you will be fine. I am just hoping and will wait now until some one else figures out a fix for us. Lets go Max your doing great things with are new Wing i have all your recent upgrades and love them.

sounds like your on your own my friend. They don't call it Dark Siding for noth'n. I'm surprised mother Honda gave you 30 minutes of their time. The minute you mention the words car tires and motorcycle together, I would think that's going to be the end of the conversation.

No way is Honda going to be offering advice on circumventing one of their systems to support a car tire on any of their bikes. Think of the liability issue they would be opening themselves up to.

Pete. Look up the definition of "Insanity"
                            ************************************************** *******
                            Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                            "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
                            Current bikes.
                            1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
                            1986 GL1200 SEi
                            2004 GL1800

I never mentioned to mother Honda i was using a car tire know better then that.Ride Safe Ride A lot.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page