Do You Have an Armed Guard G Force Alarm Installed??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Have an Armed Guard G Force Alarm Installed??

Hi,
    I having an unbelievable problem in which I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a 2004 Honda Goldwing that I installed an Armed Guard G Force alarm back in 2004. This alarm has been flawless and I'm just now in the need of replacing batteries in both remotes. I removed the batteries out of each remote which holds two of the CR2016 type batteries stacked (for some reason) in each one. I did observe how they were stacked upon removal. Now, no matter what configuration I place the batteries in, I can't get either remote to work. The red light won't even light up on the remote. I even tried replacing the old ones. Both remotes were working, triggering the alarm just prior to me removing the batteries. I'm just replacing them due to the red light looking a little weak in each one. If anyone has any idea of what could be the problem with this simple battery replacement, I would sincerely appreciate your input. Thank you. Ray

I can share what causes some brands of coin batteries to work (or fail) in Samsung SmartThings, and maybe it's related to your problem.

Coin cell batteries are specified based on their diameter and depth. What isn't specified is the angle on the edge of the coin. Many of the Samsung SmartThings devices have a large metal plate that rests on the flat side of the coin (and makes contact just fine), but they only have a tiny tab that tries to make contact with the other side along the underside near the edge, and if the brand of battery you've bought has a bigger angle or indentation along the bottom/side of the coin, it may not be able to make contact with that tiny tab.
    '03 GL1800A | Porsche 968 | Ford F-150 | Skidoo GSX (2) | Seadoo GTI (2) | Suzuki ATV (2)
    A.A.O.N.M.S. | NRA Endowment | Gun Owners of America | Oath Keepers

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Ray ray ray. Just be glad you don't have the ST1800 FOB.

then you'd really be Frustrated!! .
      Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
      "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
      Current bikes.
      1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
      1986 GL1200 SEi
      2004 GL1800

Originally posted by tamathumper View Post
        I can share what causes some brands of coin batteries to work (or fail) in Samsung SmartThings, and maybe it's related to your problem.

Coin cell batteries are specified based on their diameter and depth. What isn't specified is the angle on the edge of the coin. Many of the Samsung SmartThings devices have a large metal plate that rests on the flat side of the coin (and makes contact just fine), but they only have a tiny tab that tries to make contact with the other side along the underside near the edge, and if the brand of battery you've bought has a bigger angle or indentation along the bottom/side of the coin, it may not be able to make contact with that tiny tab.
        Thanks for your help! I can clearly see what you're saying and I will keep an I on that in the future. I did cure the problem with the help of another person on a different forum. He suggested to clean everything with alcohol....... it did the trick for both remotes. I was amazed to say the least, everything appeared pristine. Lesson learned, don't go by appearance alone on this stuff. Thanks again. Ray

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
          Ray ray ray. Just be glad you don't have the ST1800 FOB.

then you'd really be Frustrated!! .
          Oh my goodness Rocky........ I hear ya! What's up with the ST1800 FOB? As for me, if you were in the neighborhood, I'd have you kick me around a little. A little bit of Jack, I mean a little rubbing alcohol did the trick. What baffles me is that both remotes were working (with weak batteries) just before I did the swap. If one of them was the issue, I could understand but, both??? Oh well, always learning something!
          On another note, it's been raining everyday here therefore, I haven't had a chance to test out your awesome trailer shock install. I'm heading south in a week or so therefore, I hope the rain lets up. I'll give you a shout once tested. I love them already....... Thanks buddy!!

Ray. the ST Fob is a demented joke from Honda. Just be glad that isn't your issue now.

You remind me to call Todd at CSC. to ask what they will be charging for the new coil over shocks? (They should have some in stock by now?)

I'll update the Shock thread on what I just did.
            Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
            "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
            Current bikes.
            1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
            1986 GL1200 SEi
            2004 GL1800

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
              Ray. the ST Fob is a demented joke from Honda. Just be glad that isn't your issue now.

You remind me to call Todd at CSC. to ask what they will be charging for the new coil over shocks? (They should have some in stock by now?)

I'll update the Shock thread on what I just did.
              Honda does some quirky things, that's for sure. I know a lot of people aren't very happy with their GPS system as well. I can't wait to see what CSC is going to want for the coil overs as well as what design they came up with. I checked out your trailer spare tire compartment, wow what an awesome job!! Your amazing!! Thanks buddy....... Ray 👍😊

Try ONE 2032

amd make sure the + @ — are aligned properly...

ALSO be sure to remove the paper sticker on the battery itself..

mattbcnv
                2018 Pearl Stallion Brown DCT

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page