You DO get more with honey than vinegar!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other You DO get more with honey than vinegar!

So, sitting here today picking thru my ride checklist. After taking out the compressor at the house and airing up my motorcycle tires before a ride yesterday...an idea (from way back in August!) popped into my head "I need to do something with my portable compressor!"

See, I had a wee bit of an issue when I last used my Slime 40001 Power Sport tire inflator, when I patched the tire in Las Cruces

https://kwthom.blogspot.com/2018/08/...rney-home.html

I had to hold this one section of the line open while the tire inflated. Over time, that little air line gets a 'set' due to it being stored in a compressed manner while in the case.

By my estimate, I've had this thing for about a decade; I've really only put it to use about a half-dozen times. It's *is* nice to know it's there.

I did a really quick search on eBay, but just didn't know the size of the air fitting on the compressor or hose. Standard size? Some weird metric size? Well, I couldn't figure it out quickly...let's go at this in a different way.

I find a link to send them a message from their web page - great! I write:

"Do you sell a replacement air hose for this product? I've had this inflator on my motorcycle for about a decade...and the air hose hasn't developed a leak, but it has quite a kink that's nearly impossible to undo while using the inflator the last time I did use it in an emergency last August. My fear is a dry-rotted condition, which would render the entire inflator useless the next time I put it to use. Thanks for any information you can provide."

I got an email fifteen minutes ago in response:

"The hose comes in a bundle with the other accessories which I will send to you. And it is free. This will go out tomorrow, USPS."

I'll let ya know in a few days what shows up.

Holy crap. I have the same one. I'll pull mine out and check it to make sure its hose hasn't kinked??

Thanks for posting this.

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by Rocky View Post
      Holy crap. I have the same one. I'll pull mine out and check it to make sure its hose hasn't kinked??

Thanks for posting this.

Me too!
      DS#1146 IBA#55800 50CC,BBG, BB1500 x2, SS2K, SS1Kx3 CERTIFIED ALL DS, PGR RC
      2010 Level3 Endeavor Reverse Trike BS Driveguard

I have the same unit... mine has never been used. Yet.
        2013 Red Airbag 1800

• capttwb
          capttwb commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent insurance...huh?!

As you were telling your story I was “thinking” ahead. Not the ending I was expecting for sure. A pleasant surprise and nice to hear.

Sent them an email after testing my hose.

Got a reply the following day. (guess i'm not as special as kwthom )

Hello Rocky,

Thank you for contacting ITW Tire Repair.

I will send you another hose and it is free. This will go out in today’s mail, USPS.

That is great customer service!!

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

• kwthom
            kwthom commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, yer special alright, Rock...

• glarson3
            glarson3 commented
            Editing a comment
            stop licking the bus windows you guys. We all know you're both special. Good news is that if you guys are inside the bus licking the windows it will be harder for Bravo Foxtrot to throw you under it.

• kwthom
            kwthom commented
            Editing a comment

Window licker...hmpf!

Yep, the whole wire kit along with the air hose showed up today...

Nice!

• Rocky
            Rocky commented
            Editing a comment
            Got mine Wednesday.
        Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X