Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a Windshield Wiper?

Yep I have one, work great, also applied a Clear piece of door edge to the top of the windshield. Now the water is diverted to the side and not my face. Google Peer Clear
    Take about an hour to do it right with two switches, all on and momentary button..

Had a real Test yesterday coming back from Alpine, Texas - Poured for about 2 hours, then it cleared off as a cold front passed thru.....
    Last edited by Solidbob; 12-06-2014, 05:28 PM. Reason: Updated details....
    Retired, Lifetime NRA, IBA #5831, AMA Lifer, HOG Lifer, Gypsy Tour Rider

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Just curious, do you experience any scratching or other wear from the wiper blade running on the plastic shield?

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I have an F4+4 and there is no scratching on their shield, this is the same wiper setup they use for shows. They place steel wool under the wiper blade and arm and let it run all day. Say they have never changed windshields..... works very well either full on or intermitant..

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I think I recall seeing that demo at Wing Ding a few years ago now that you mention it.

Thaat is cool!
          """""""Darksider #10 It's been said by many people, that I am still only 16 years old inside my head!! LOL!!
          I have never thrown a leg over any make or model of motorcycle and had nothing but a good time!!"""""""

Nice and I spend sooo much time riding in the rain. Could not install it on my VStream windshield though.
            Mike n Rhonda
            08 Level 3 Pearl White
            98 Aspencade - RIP
            Support our troops
            Daughter - USCG; Son - USMC; Son-in-Law - US Army
            Working to make the weekends happen.
            :toast:

They do have a template online so you can check for fit... wiper blade comes in 2 lengths for various heights... Just google PeerClear

Honda actually makes the retro fit kit to install the factory required wiper system in Japan IT fits our models here.

Originally posted by kniterider View Post
                  Honda actually makes the retro fit kit to install the factory required wiper system in Japan IT fits our models here.

Try to BUY on from Honda, they don't know what your talking about. I even took them a photo with the translated Part Numbers and a picture. Still no soap.... contacted a dealer in Japan and still got no reply. They are required safety equipt over there!! This one works better anyway and is easier to work on and remove, the Japanese Honda Model mounts under the front Garnish and thru the metal windshield sliders... so hard to get to!!!

Theres has been times i wished i had one. Were did you get it.
                    2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Peerclear sells the one shown at beginning of post...I current ly have a portable model that you only attach to the windshield when needed,, But I have the website that is selling the factory windshield wiper along with the viseo how to install it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMGUG0FNSg

This link shows the company that is selling the factory unit here
                        The wiper shown at top is from peer clear. I had that on my 2004 wing...I currently have a portable wipersystem that attaches to windshield only when needed

I like that........I have the F4+4 also but ride in rain when it finds me vs going to find it.
                          --
                          2012 Goldwing L2 w/Nav in Dallas, TX

Originally posted by kniterider View Post
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMGUG0FNSg

This link shows the company that is selling the factory unit here
                            The wiper shown at top is from peer clear. I had that on my 2004 wing...I currently have a portable wipersystem that attaches to windshield only when needed

Okay guess they are selling them now, but you must really want one of those to disassemble your bike or trike for that install / the Peer Clear takes about an hour this video looks like a whole day if you know what to remove in the first place... I like PeerClear... but thanks for the heads up... but a real PITA to install.... and remove!!

If you want a real simple no holes in your windshield unit I have the one that you attach it to your windshield via suction cups ONLY when you need it and it has all the options of the peer clear unit

Motor55.com also sells complete setup. A little expensive but includes evething

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page