What kind of adhesive should I use to fix my trunk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of adhesive should I use to fix my trunk

I was cleaning out my trunk when I noticed a self tapping screw and a piece of plastic that I installed to be a stopper for my trunk lid to keep it from chafing on the bottom part of the trunk. I forgot what they called it. the part that attaches to the lower part of the trunk has a rubber bumper that screws up and down for adjustment. The part of the lower trunk lid that extends down and has the hole for the self tapping screw is partially missing what do I use to fix it?

Are you saying you found this screw and the black plastic piece in your trunk? (In the picture below)

And now you need to repair the Screw "Boss" in the trunk lid? (Because it is damaged)

Click image for larger version  Name:	P2210224-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	98119
    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

You da man Rocky.That is exactly what I need to do. What do they call those bumpers and do they still make them?

I just looked up the inner lid and it is $38.00. That was quite a surprise. I had the bike in the shop for a deer collision, someone probably slammed the trunk lid down too hard. I know enough to be cautious with plastic.

Can you post a picture of what you are talking about. I'm confused as hell on what you trying to say/describe??

Trying to guess here???

You don't need the inner Lid Liner. (The screw just goes through it)

If you can't screw in the screw. You only have two options.

1. Replace the lid.
          2. Know how to use plastic repair kits.

Such as Plastex http://www.plastex.net/

Or

Q-Bond https://www.walmart.com/ip/Q-BOND-Ad...&wl13=&veh=sem

To repair the Boss that the screw screws into,

Here is what the inside of the lid looks like,without the inner liner. (you can see the Screw bosses)

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l16005.jpg Views:	1 Size:	326.4 KB ID:	98130

I just went out and took a closer look at my trunk. You are right When I installed those bumpers or stoppers I thought the standard screws might be a little too short. I will go to the shop and get longer ones and see if there is enough left of the already tapped into hole to make a good attachment. I will replace the screws on both sides. If that doesn't work I will try the repair stuff you suggested.

A word of CAUTION.

DO NOT use a screw that is too long.

or you'll go right through the lid itself, or leave a nasty dimple in the paint!!

Again. If the screw that came with the kit doesn't hold".

You have to repair the Boss.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page