Level 3 GPS Display Screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level 3 GPS Display Screen

Is there anyone out there having GPS display screen failures? I have little gray horizontal lines coming for pixel failures. It I still usable but there am 5 or 6 areas of this. Are these replaceable

I have one thin horizontal bad spot toward the lower left. I have heard others get it replaced under warranty. I have extended warranty and don't want to replace it till near end of my warranty. Hope they will. It isn't bad enough I want to do anything yet though.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• jcardea
      jcardea commented
      Editing a comment
      mine is not yet that bad either. but I would say my warranty is out. I purchased it in 11/11/11 but is 2012 model. I have over 50K on it plus its age.

Look like this?

• jcardea
      jcardea commented
      Editing a comment
      yes it does but a few more lines than yours

The combination meter failed on my 2012,the icon would not move it was replaced under warranty March of 2016, a real PIA dealing with Honda for my dealer.

Originally posted by BOB2002 View Post
      The combination meter failed on my 2012,the icon would not move it was replaced under warranty March of 2016, a real PIA dealing with Honda for my dealer.
      When it was changed out, was all of your millage data and others remain? My hope is that this combo meter screen is simply a display and data is stored elsewhere in system

The data isn't stored in the screen.

The screen is procurable and replaceable.

Procedure is here:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...d-07c6fe79ea99

Originally posted by jcardea View Post

When it was changed out, was all of your millage data and others remain? My hope is that this combo meter screen is simply a display and data is stored elsewhere in system
          I started fresh at zero miles like a new bike.

It has been over a year now and my dealer was never paid by Honda.

Originally posted by Rocky

The reason "Why" you started with "0" miles is simple to explain.

The Mileage is "Stored" in the circuit board. (behind the analog Gauges)
              If the whole cluster is replaced under warranty-There goes all the bikes stored information.

Honda buys the Meter cluster from one of their vendors as a Whole. (included is the LCD display)

If a LCD display goes defective during Warranty?
              Honda replaces the Whole Instrument Cluster through dealers..

After doing the task, I can understand why Honda doesn't trust their dealer tech's to do such a job. (I've seen there incompetence first hand)

Don't get me wrong. It's not a hard job, just time consuming.

Most dealer techs are nothing more than part changers.
              When the tech's get stumped.
              Honda Techline has to instruct them what to change is hopes of curing the customer issue.

Knowing what I know now,
              I'd never let Honda replace the whole cluster just for a defective LCD display.
              I'd buy one and change it myself.
              I plan to replace just the display over this coming winter. Too busy riding right now and not that big a problem

I was just answering a question about the mileage data, my problem was more then the LCD screen which is why the whole pod was replaced

Here is a link to a screen purchase and replacement procedure. I saved this link in 2014 so I'm not sure if it is still good, but the replacement procedure might help. Good luck https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...d-07c6fe79ea99

Friend just ordered and replaced his display using this link. Paid $103.00 for his new display. If you use the part # in the link you will find the display available from other sellers.

Will you post a link. I can not get the one in this thread to work. I too have a couple of dead spots on my display.
                      Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	preview (2).jpg Views:	1 Size:	221.7 KB ID:	84793Click image for larger version  Name:	preview (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	241.4 KB ID:	84791Click image for larger version  Name:	preview.jpg Views:	2 Size:	247.3 KB ID:	84792
                        Attached Files
                        Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Here is the part # LQ065T9BR55U
                          Here is a link for ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharp-6-5-LQ...AAAOSwuzRXfg8T

Originally posted by A_Rider View Post
                            Here is the part # LQ065T9BR55U
                            Here is a link for ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharp-6-5-LQ...AAAOSwuzRXfg8T
                            I'm going to need to replace my screen also, but have noticed that the part number requested doesn't match the part number on the screen:

LQ065T9BR55U but in the EBay picture the part numeber is LQ065T9BR54U. Is this the same screen, but with minor differences?? Cannot find anything to determine if there is a difference.
                            2008 GL1800HPNA 12000+ miles
                            1988 Bunkhouse Trailer

Do a search on ebay for that part # you will find at least 4 or 5 . Also do a google search for it. A friend of mine just replaced his with that part # and it works fine. He purchased his from Aliexpress for $103.00 but it took over a month to get. As far as the other numbers I can't answer that.

Also I am not the one that found this replacement display. I am just passing on the information.
                              I will see if I can find the link to the pdf on how to replace the display.

Link to How To

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...d-07c6fe79ea99

My 09 screen was swapped out under warranty. All info was retained.

Originally posted by A_Rider View Post
                                    Thanks for that..but I have had the pdf since I realized I will need to make the change..was just curious about the difference in part numbers on both EBay and AliExpress. Will try to get the LQ065T9BR55U and not the LQ065T9BR54U...
                                    2008 GL1800HPNA 12000+ miles
                                    1988 Bunkhouse Trailer

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page