Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldwing Mirrors fit an F6B?

Will Wing mirrors bolt right on to an F6B?

I prefer the mirror orientation of the Wing more than the F6B mirrors... wondering if I can just swap them out.
    George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

Originally posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Will Wing mirrors bolt right on to an F6B?

I prefer the mirror orientation of the Wing more than the F6B mirrors... wondering if I can just swap them out.
    George, YES they will bolt right up.

As you know. the tops of the glass and housing on both are slightly different.

F6 flat on top.
    Goldwing slightly curved at top.
    Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
    Current bikes.
    1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
    1986 GL1200 SEi
    2004 GL1800

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Awesome guys; thank you!

Only the Japanese could do something like this. I agree that most of the mirror housing is inverted between the Wing and F6B... but the turn signal lenses are in the same orientation, no?. It looks like the "pointy corner", the elongated side, is on the top on both bikes.

Originally posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
        Awesome guys; thank you!

Only the Japanese could do something like this. I agree that most of the mirror housing is inverted between the Wing and F6B... but the turn signal lenses are in the same orientation, no?. It looks like the "pointy corner", the elongated side, is on the top on both bikes.

Contrary to that false cartoonish misconception that wasn't posted by me.

The GW & F6 mirrors are completely different. they may look inverted. But I say "Go ahead and try and flip them and see what you get??" LOL

The painted Housings are two different beasts.
        The Housings for the mirror glass are injected molded and can't be reversed!.

The only option anyone has is to buy a complete set of mirrors and color math it to your bike's color if you don't like one mirror or the other.
        Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
        "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
        Current bikes.
        1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
        1986 GL1200 SEi
        2004 GL1800

Agreed, they can't be altered.

Another difference for us F6B riders is that our mirrors aren't color matched to the bike. Regardless of what color F6B you get, your mirror housings will be a black plastic color.. and to my eye, the black isn't very deep... it looks about half gray to me.

I've tried a couple of different bumper & trim paints to paint my mirror housings a deeper black, and I'll be darned if some of these paints aren't very deep either, However, the Rustoleum bumper & trim paint is an awesome DEEP satin black. If anybody is interested in making their "black" plastic pieces a shade deeper, this stuff will do it.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page