•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking CB switch

Hello all

I have a bike to mp3 cb unit.

This last weekend I had an issue with the CB. While trying to talk on the cb, the radio would stop (which is normal) and then half way through the conversation the radio would come back on loosing transmission. Then I would have to press the talk switch several times before the TX would show. Several times with the TX showing the voice still didn't trasnmit. Hope I am explaining this good enough.
    Not sure what to look at but I think it is in my talk switch. I know that cluster is only sold as a complete unit. Is there a GOOD way to take it apart and clean the switch? That is the only thing I can think of that it may be. Any ideas?

Buy a can of electronic contact cleaner in an aerosol can from Wal-Mart or Radio Shack. Using the tiny red tube inserted in the nozzle spray generously around the button into the switch then exercise the button a few times. If that doesn't clean it you may have to disassemble the switch.

The switches in my previous Wing had to be cleaned like that about once each year.
    Harvey Barlow
    Crosby County, TX
    2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
    2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Ok, got it. I will try that and go from there.

Originally posted by HBarlow View Post
      Buy a can of electronic contact cleaner in an aerosol can from Wal-Mart or Radio Shack. Using the tiny red tube inserted in the nozzle spray generously around the button into the switch then exercise the button a few times. If that doesn't clean it you may have to disassemble the switch.

The switches in my previous Wing had to be cleaned like that about once each year.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page