Clearwater Erica driving lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get the Madstad installed, yeah?
    George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
      You can get the Madstad installed, yeah?
      Yeah, I'll pull the Baggershield that's on now, install the Madstad, and at the same time install the light brackets under the mirrors.
      I actually found a Canadian supplier for a different switch, and it's in the mail today. Instead of using a bunch of waterproof PB switches, I decided on one of these to control my LED light rings and driving lights:

DO NOT order this switch. See post # 25 below.

http://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/product_p/pm-54.htm

Last edited by bigbird; 10-15-2015, 03:42 PM. Reason: The switch does not fit my handlebar's radius.

Diggin those switches! Thanks for sharing that. I couldn't imagine them not being waterproof... but I didn't see it mentioned. Did I just miss that?

I'll bet you already measured, but I just did and it seems like the 32mm bolt centers will work fine. And if you got the double instead of the triple, you would probably still be able to see the clutch fluid level sight window.

Originally posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
          I couldn't imagine them not being waterproof... but I didn't see it mentioned. Did I just miss that?

I'll bet you already measured, but I just did and it seems like the 32mm bolt centers will work fine. And if you got the double instead of the triple, you would probably still be able to see the clutch fluid level sight window.
          I didn't see anything about waterproof either, but logic says they would have to be.
          I also measured before ordering. The 32mm bolt centres with 7/8 diameter is common to all Nissin brake/clutch combos on any metric bike according to the switch manufacturer's website.

Originally posted by bigbird View Post

I actually found a Canadian supplier for a different switch, and it's in the mail today. Instead of using a bunch of waterproof PB switches, I decided on one of these to control my LED light rings and driving lights:

http://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/product_p/pm-54.htm
            DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT order this switch.
            The bolt holes line up just fine, but the radius of the curve of the switch does not match my F6B's, and I assume GL1800's handlebar curve.
            I am returning it to the retailer for full refund.

Awesome heads-up Terry; thanks!

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page