Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Radio

Who has the best price on a new CB for a 2005..... My son just picked up a low mileage cream puff and needs a CB.

I think HDL has a sale on right now with the OEM unit. BikeMP3 does have a cheaper unit that also fits and is plug and play but with either you will need a CB antennae. There are a lot of suppliers of the OEM unit and you can compare prices with HDL, Cyclemax, Wingstuff and so on. Don't overlook you local Honda dealer, as he may give you a good deal and do the install.
    Harvey
    Ride Safe and Ride Often

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I use the Bike MP3 cb for the passed (3) years and it works better the the stock unit. I also have the Bike MP3 music player and it works just as good. Pete builds good products to work as the stock equipment.

Originally posted by big bill View Post
        I use the Bike MP3 cb for the passed (3) years and it works better the the stock unit. I also have the Bike MP3 music player and it works just as good. Pete builds good products to work as the stock equipment.

I'm going with OEM.....I have read way too many negative comments about the BikeMP3 CB.

Check Ebay also Direct line had them on sale. Ebay you may just get a dealer who wants to get rid of there inventory i have gotten a lot of good deals like that.
          2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Originally posted by harvey View Post
            I think HDL has a sale on right now with the OEM unit. BikeMP3 does have a cheaper unit that also fits and is plug and play but with either you will need a CB antennae. There are a lot of suppliers of the OEM unit and you can compare prices with HDL, Cyclemax, Wingstuff and so on. Don't overlook you local Honda dealer, as he may give you a good deal and do the install.

HDL has it for $619.00....That is the cheapest I have found so far.

Niehaus Cycle Litchfield, Ill. has them for $599. They have a little sale catalog floating around. I am sure if you call they will give you the price.

I'm a child of the 70's, so I'm just old enough to be exposed to the CB.

I know what it is and, basically, what it's used for... but how do people here use the CB. Is it more than just for listening to trucker jokes?
                George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

Communicating with other bikes while on a ride is why I like it. I'm a road captain. Knowing what the tail is doing keeps me from guessing behind me and focused in front of me. The only time I'm near channel 19 (where the truckers are) is when there's a stoppage and I'm trying to find out why.

In my younger days (in the early to mid 70's), we helped with emergency assistance during ice storms in Ky from our home base stations (normally just a car CB connected to a power inverter). I still fondly remember my Johnson 123AJ (SJ?) and Starduster antenna.
                  2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
                  USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
                  US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
                  2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
                  2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

On a group ride the CB can also be a great way for all riders to communicate and keep up with what his happening. If the leader really knows the area he/she can also supply interesting facts about things as you ride by them, and even the good story.

My wife and I ride together and the CB allows us to talk while riding. Our conversations may be strictly related to the ride or they may be about just about anything. The key is the CB allows you to communicate with others. I very seldom have it on to talk with or listen to truckers, it seems like whenever I do all I hear is profanity, so I stay away unless I want traffic info.

There are other forms of radio that can be used to include Ham and FRS, but CB is the type first installed on touring bikes a number of years ago. So it has been sort of the standard as it is easy to use, no license required today, and very easy to install.
                    Harvey
                    Ride Safe and Ride Often

Originally posted by Ghost Rider 2 View Post
                      Niehaus Cycle Litchfield, Ill. has them for $599. They have a little sale catalog floating around. I am sure if you call they will give you the price.

Ordered one from Niehaus today......

Glad I could help.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page