My new taller windshield...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new taller windshield...

Got it today and installed. This one from Amazon but, made by Slipstreamer. 33" tall, high enough for me to sit comfortably behind it without my whole head above it, as in OEM windshield.

Learned a valuable lesson on our trip to Laughlin couple of weeks ago; 48 degrees air temp, @35MPH cross winds AND RAIN going 75~80MPH!?! VERY smart, I was.

This one, I sit on the bike straight up and windshield is still in front of me and head just above the top of it, meaning I'm fully behind the windshield.

Light smoke tint should help in Arizona summer sun. As long as I/WE keep it maintained and avoid scratching it, this should take care of the wind/rain(yes, it does rain on RARE occasion, in Arizona). Click image for larger version

Name:	Tall-windshield-1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	52526Click image for larger version

Name:	Tall-windshield-2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	52528
    Attached Files

Nice i had a clear one it worked well for me the only problems i had with mine was they lean back to far and with my helmet on i was alway hitting my head. also they do scratch easy when hit by debris but this windshield will work well in the rain. I upgraded to a F4 plus 4 Tinted i do like the tint works very well on the sunny days. Enjoy your new windshield ride safe.
    2010 Pearl Yellow L3, Double Darksider #856, Ultimate Midrider Seat w Yellow inlays, F4+4 Tinted, Live To Ride, Love my Wing

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Agree on the F4 +4- excellent. V Stream did not improve over stock.

Just out of curiosity, I searched and looked at the F4 windshield.

It looked just like what I had on the bike to start with. What I needed was a talller windshield that would deflect more OVER my head/helmet to keep wind and noise down plus keeping less rsin on us.

I'm riding it to work this,afternoon to see how much difference it makes. Of course, I kept the old one just in case.

If no significant difference, it's going on ebay or craig's list for sale. I'm sure Amazon seller won't accept used returns.

Originally posted by kodiak536 View Post
          Got it today and installed. This one from Amazon but, made by Slipstreamer. 33" tall, high enough for me to sit comfortably behind it without my whole head above it, as in OEM windshield.

Learned a valuable lesson on our trip to Laughlin couple of weeks ago; 48 degrees air temp, @35MPH cross winds AND RAIN going 75~80MPH!?! VERY smart, I was.

This one, I sit on the bike straight up and windshield is still in front of me and head just above the top of it, meaning I'm fully behind the windshield.

Light smoke tint should help in Arizona summer sun. As long as I/WE keep it maintained and avoid scratching it, this should take care of the wind/rain(yes, it does rain on RARE occasion, in Arizona). [ATTACH=CONFIG]n52526[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]n52528[/ATTACH]
          How does it compare to the Tulsa extra tall. How can you look over this thing it looks pretty high. I like looking through it. Like the darker tint

If you guys are interested in wind protection, taller does not always equal best protection.

Madstad is the best protective shield on the market IMO... and still sits low enough to see over the top.
            George - 2013 F6B Standard - Largo, FL

to above post
              Time for Coffee??:cool:

I can look over it when it's lowered to the lowest point.

I just need to sit straight up, which I normally don't do because of my bad posture.

How does it compare? The OEM I had was actually little less wind turbulence than this one, because this one is swept back aerodynamically, whereas the OEM is "bent" slightly upward.

It's not mainly for wind, it's also sand (here in Arizona, where it's in abundance),rocks and bugs as well.

We noticed some significant difference in rain (which is a rare occurrence).

I am thinking about buying another one of same height but, with bent upward as the OEM, for less wind turbulence.

If all else fails, I still have the OEM that can go back on.

This upgrade WASN'T for "protection" purpose only but, more of reducing wind noise and turbulence so our bluetooth intercom is quieter in the helmets.

Rain and cold is so rare in Arizona, we're not really too concerned about, that "freak" storm was just that, a rare freak occurrence that made us think about an upgrade.

I had X Tall Tulsa's on my 1500's.
                  When I bought my New 1800 Trike, I put one on there too.
                  Got tired of the rain coming over the top and on my lap.
                  I bought a new F4+4 clear w/v and love it. Would never go back to anything else.
                  T.A. Jens
                  The Pizza Man
                  1800 06 White Champion Trike
                  2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                  2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                  GWRRA Life Member

F4 +4 is the deal..... on my second one after a hunk of metal the size of a baseball bounced off a truck and right up and nailed the middle of the windshield that had no scratches... put a very nice dent and small crack but hit neither one of us.... needed to stop a moment to gather ourselves!!! Pants were okay!!!
                    Retired, Lifetime NRA, IBA #5831, AMA Lifer, HOG Lifer, Gypsy Tour Rider

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                    widgetinstance 272 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X