Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-2012 HID XENON headlight kit install

Just got my new H7 HID headlight kit from DDM tuning.

Shipped directly from China to my home, how convenient.

Of course, I only ordered one kit so, this one will be installed as low beam light.

On my VTX1300R , I got a H4 kit from them and it came as hi/lo kit and installed in less than 3 hours.

THIS kit, will take longer due to the routing challenge because of the fairings.

An after thought brought me to this post...should I or shouldn't I do a "how-to" video on this particular HID kit.

Most all will be similar type install with some variation on components.

Since I already have the seat removed and partial fairing loose, I'll start from there.

Will post the finished project, most likely on youtube, sometime in next few days for those contemplating same type of project.
    Tim.

Cruiseman, oir moderator, has a video for this - it didn't take me more than an hour following hos imstructioms- it's one of those 10 minute jobs that takes longe rbecause it's difficult to access the bulbs and you have to place ballast etc, but nothing all that tough. You will enjoy the light, though!

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Actually, it took me over 3 hours, for the reason you mentioned above.

My hands are scraped-up, trying to reach down in there, working blind to boot.

Unfortunately, I didn't make the video. Work area so tight, it would've added an extra hour just for that.

Besides, wife wanted it done so we can go for a ride out to Tombstone tomorrow morning and make it an overnight trip.

Light looks good in the garage, I'll find out tonight how it does when I get off work.

Next, high beam HID kit...next week order, should arrive from China in @ 2 weeks.

Originally posted by CaptLen View Post
        Cruiseman, oir moderator, has a video for this - it didn't take me more than an hour following hos imstructioms- it's one of those 10 minute jobs that takes longe rbecause it's difficult to access the bulbs and you have to place ballast etc, but nothing all that tough. You will enjoy the light, though!
        Kinda like putting together your kids Christmas toys on Christmas Eve and wishing you had started earlier.
        When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
        Jimi Hendrix
        Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Actually, I used cruisseman's video on youtube to install the low beam HID kit.

I just ordered the high beam kit and saw his video for that as well. It was actually for newer model Goldwing but, theory is practically the same.

Hope I can find the space to mount the ballasts under the fairing, it's pretty tight in there.

They do make a extension wire kit to move the ballast from under the front fairing...anyone ever use the extension...If I remember
            correctly it is 3 feet long each side plug and play...

John
            John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

You are correct. I ordered 2 as soon as you mentioned it. It'll most likely arrive BEFORE the HID kit, since the kit comes from China and extension cables are here in U.S.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page