Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Windshield

My windshield has some scratches in it and it is getting near time to replace it. I've been looking in all the usual places at replacements and let me say that there are way too many choices and holy smokes are they proud of them! So....to all you guys that have tried a few different ones over the years I am looking for input. Obviously I don't want it to get all scratched up too soon so it has to be durable. Also, I am one of the guys that looks through the windshield and not over it and was wanting a little bit taller as the edge of the windshield is right in my line of sight most of the time. Anyone tried the V stream, does their shape really do what they say?
    Progressive Monotubes
    All Balls
    Race Tech G3S Custom shock
    Dunlop E3 front
    Yokohama Envigor 195-55-16 rear Darkside #1591

Well I have tried only 2.
    The OEM and a F-4.
    When I need another it will be a F-4.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-21-2015, 09:49 PM. Reason: LISDEXIA!
    GL1800 8A - TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 900

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I bought the V-Stream Special Edition. I would buy another V-Stream when/if the time comes. The wife definitely felt the difference in the back and I could hear the difference in the front.
      2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
      USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
      US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
      2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
      2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Take a look at the Madstad at madstad.com......Some very satisfied users out there, including me. I have no interest in their sales or their company, jus sayin.

I will never own another Cee Bailey windshield. Plastic is way too soft. Next time will be an F4.

I have used a Tulsa X-tall, and a F4...I will stay with the F4..

That Madstad system looks interesting and I'm surprised at the price compared to some of the others. I am considering the V stream and Madstad mostly right now. Has anyone used or ridden with both and prefers one over the other? How is the Madstad in wet weather? I understand the airflow and reducing the vacuum but wondering about protection from rain.
              Progressive Monotubes
              All Balls
              Race Tech G3S Custom shock
              Dunlop E3 front
              Yokohama Envigor 195-55-16 rear Darkside #1591

F4 for me very durable easy to take care best up grade i made. Check out there site they run some nice deals.
                2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Imgot a VStream- VERY disappointed. Cut down just a little on buffeting but still had lots ofmhelmet side biffeting and a little less on top. Definitely does NOT do what the ads and ad diagrams say it will. Wasted money. Followedmeith an F4 Custom +4- excellent- very happy with this product- they're reputed to be cery durable- I'm 5' 8" snd look through, not over, windshield. Too bad you're not nearby- I'd let you take a ride and see if it works for you. BTW I also have the full Baker Air Wings kit, which I highly recommend also.

I originally was one that thought I preferred to look through instead of over, but after getting caught too many times in conditions were rain or fogging altered my visibility, decided to go another route, so I got a Windbender.

My original intent was to get the short tinted version, and later get the taller and wider upper to provide better wind protection when the wife came along.
                    I never did that though, because the first two up ride with the short HPS in conduction with hand wings proved to be almost perfect. All I had to do was bump the upper up two notches and she is happy. In fact, she says that this set up is far better than the OEM, and I never have reduced visibility from a dirty windshield.

I don't know where you are located, but if you find yourself in the Austin Texas area and want to take mine for a spin, you are welcome to.

Interesting shield jmohme...one learns about some very interesting products....

Here is a link to their website, if anyone wants a look http://www.firecreekacc.com/windbender.htm

Cheers
                      Kev
                      2014 Candy Prominence GL1800 Luxury, Aust version, 'cause that's where I live.
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHN...Sac2F9pvWh5KtA

I have had the oem and now the Tulsa extra tall. I have had it on for about 3 years and love it. I do look through the shield and with a little lip (door edging) I put on mine the rain does not come over the top. I can ride in heavy downpour without a rain suit and not stopping of course and only my boots and a little of my arms get a little wet. I got the vent installed because you will need it during the summer. The only drawback most people have is hitting their forehead or helmet on the top of the shield when getting on and off or backing up with your feet on the ground. But you can overcome that, just do it differently. I am going to try the madstad next.

I have tried the OEM the V stream and the wind bender. Love the wind bender. The V Stream was good also but once I tried the wind bender I was sold.

Only one choice for me...stock F4 with vent. OEM shield lasted less than 2 years and 36K. Current F4 7 years and 130K and replacing soon due primarily to the problems I have with the vent yellowing and cracking. Don't get me wrong, the F4 is showing it's age but after 7 years I feel I definitely have gotten my money's worth.

Well I've just ordered a Windbender HPS...should get it in about 4 weeks or so....I'll let you know how it compares to the stock shield

Cheers

Originally posted by Kev View Post
                                Well I've just ordered a Windbender HPS...should get it in about 4 weeks or so....I'll let you know how it compares to the stock shield

Cheers

If you are 6' or taller, you may want to consider the rake kit with the hps, also if you have baker leg wings or foot air deflectors you might want to remove those as well, it obstructs the laminar air foil.

Originally posted by misterk View Post

If you are 6' or taller, you may want to consider the rake kit with the hps, also if you have baker leg wings or foot air deflectors you might want to remove those as well, it obstructs the laminar air foil.
                                  I think I'll be right....I don't have any of them....and that includes the height

Cheers

After riding behind a friends wind bender I had to have one. I went for the tinted HPS and love it. The wind management is amazing and I love looking over the shield.

Fred
                                    Recently moved to TN my native state, Feels good to be back home.

There's only one choice. The F4. Not only a great windshield, but they are a forum sponsor: http://www.theglforum.com/forum/spon...ums/f4-customs
                                      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                                      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Rode a friends bike with the windbender ST on Saturday. Ordered my own on Monday. Wind management and buffeting were well controlled. No more turbulants hitting the head.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page