Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J&M 787 Elite Headset

Just purchased J&M's latest and greatest after installing my Elite 629 in my grand daughter's Christmas helmet. She's five and says "it's magical" that we can talk to each other...I say "priceless". Next up a new F4 windshield after 7 years and 130,000 miles on this one. Stock unit was junk after 36K...

"M45"- can you let us know about how that was to set up and how it works? I bought a Cardo, and it's difficult to set up and use, sometimes with my biddy's different model Cardo and sometimes with my passenger. I'm thinking of junking them but I want to be sure about what I'm buying. The new Sena 20S sounds good - supposed to communicate with other brands, but I don't actually know, so I'm researching. Thanks for any thoughts

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I put on a F4 windshield last year best upgrade i made easy install and easy to take care of. I too had many problems with Cardos head sets there are some nice blue tooth helmet out there may check in to them. But i have read good things about the new Sena units seeing them around in the bike shops a lot.
      2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Will do. I'm not ready to go the Bluetooth route. Don't even want to be tempted to answer an incoming call.

I don't hook my phone up but I'd like to hear the GPS- without hookup it's too loud at low speeds then can't hear it at high speeds

Shipment arrived today, installed them tonight. Just an FYI...I did not need to buy the extra lower cord that they say is REQUIRED...my existing cord works fine. I will keep the cord JIC and it's just a pain to send them back...that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Actually ordered them via Wingstuff and they have always been very good about returns. Sound is a little crisper but haven't completely installed the interior liners...figured they were out so I'd wash'em.

WOW...a real noticeable difference in sound clarity and quality. Very pleased.

Originally posted by m45mcdan View Post
                Shipment arrived today, installed them tonight. Just an FYI...I did not need to buy the extra lower cord that they say is REQUIRED...my existing cord works fine. I will keep the cord JIC and it's just a pain to send them back...that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Actually ordered them via Wingstuff and they have always been very good about returns. Sound is a little crisper but haven't completely installed the interior liners...figured they were out so I'd wash'em.
                I would definitely hold onto the extra lower cords. Based on my experience, the lower cords are the weakest link in J&M headsets. I never could get more than a years use out of my lowers.
                Other than that, I liked the Elite series headsets.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page