Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best price on extended warranty

I thought I saw something about someone working on a group deal for extended warranty. Did that ever fly? If not where is the best place to purchase it?

Rick, that did fly, and Cruiseman worked out a deal for all of us at $ 499.00, for the full 4 years of extended warranty.

Now, who was that deaslership that agreed to those terms? It is on the forum someplace.

Aha...here it is...copied in all its' glory:

Cruiseman started a topic Honda Extended Warranty? Great Deal For Forum Members!
    in General Motorcycle Discussion

11-07-2014, 05:18 AM

After doing a fair amount of research, and with only 4 days left to secure my extended warranty, I contacted John Evans at Blue Ridge Powersports to purchase my 4-year Honda Protection Plan.

Blue Ridge advertises $575 for the plan on their website. BUT, if you mention TheGLForum when you place your order, you get the special price.

SPECIAL OFFER FOR MEMBERS OF THEGLFORUM: Call or email for best price.....$ 499.00

Note: The special pricing is not available to residents of Florida.

To order, call John Evans at 540-434-7345 or email him at [email protected]

This special offer may only be good thru the end of this year, so don't wait.

About The Warranty

The Honda Warranty extends your factory warranty for an additional 4 years and kicks in as soon as your 3-year factory warranty ends. In my opinion, the warranty is invaluable. I had it on my 2007 and it MORE than paid for itself. After my 3-year warranty expired, I had to have both hand controls replaced, the heated handgrips, the electronic panel on the left fairing and two front brake rotors! That's over $1,000 in parts along and it was all covered by the extended warranty!

John wanted me to mention that they offer the Honda Roadside Assistance for 4 years at only $180. And, Honda's Roadside Assistance will cover you in US, Canada and Mexico!

HondaCare Protection Plan®

Features and Benefits include:

Genuine Protection
    HondaCare Protection is an exclusive product of American Honda and is offered only through authorized Honda dealerships* in the United States. The Plans are administered and backed by the resources of American Honda and include the same quality and support your customers have come to expect with Honda products.

No Usage Limitation
    Honda's are built to be enjoyed and Honda customers are encouraged to do just that. Like the Distributor's Limited Warranty, there is no mileage or hour limitation for the term of the Plan.

Limited Exclusions in Plain English
    There isn't a long list of exclusion as found with other plans (with the exception of audio equipment, batteries, tires and accessories). The basic coverage that came with the Distributor's Limited Warranty can continue under these Plans.

No Overlapping Coverage
    HondaCare offers various term lengths. For new Honda products, coverage begins when the Distributor's Limited Warranty expires**. For pre-owned vehicles, the coverage starts when the Plan is purchased.

Nationwide Coverage
    No matter how far away from home Honda riders travel in the United States, HondaCare is there. Covered repairs can be performed at any authorized Honda dealership nationwide, where Honda technicians will use only Honda Genuine Parts.

No Deductible
    Unlike some plans, with HondaCare there is no deductible to pay for any repair required because of defects in material or factory workmanship for the term of the Plan chosen.

No Transfer Fees
    Should the day come when the Honda rider decides to sell his or her Honda, the remaining coverage can be transferred to the subsequent owner of the same vehicle at no charge.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

MMR, are you in Florida? I've heard something about having to buy the warrantee from a Florida dealer to be valid in Florida.
      He who shall, so shall he who.

Originally posted by bscarpenter View Post
        MMR, are you in Florida? I've heard something about having to buy the warrantee from a Florida dealer to be valid in Florida.
        No Sir, I do not reside in Florida, and have not lived there since 1959. I believe that someone that does live in Florida will have to confirm this, but I find it hard to believe that you are forced to buy the HONDA extended warranty from a Honda dealership that is located within Florida, for it to be valid. It is were an "aftermarket" extended warranty, I could undersdtand that ruling, but when it is an extension of the OEM manufacturers warranty...I think not.

Here Honda Canada want's $1700.00 for the extended warranty. You guys get all the breaks.
          2013 Black F6B

• MMR
            MMR commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes...man up north, but you get the prettier F6Bs, and with ABS.

Jeff, have you check in to whether you could buy the US version of the Honda extended warranty, from a US dealer, and then "if" you need warranty work, ride the bike south of the border, have the work done, then ride back north ?????

• JeffP
            JeffP commented
            Editing a comment
            Way too much hassle for me.

There was a lot of discussion and complaining by Florida residents about not being able to buy the HondaCare extended warranty on the unmentionable website a couple years ago. FL residents have repeatedly reported they cannot under FL law buy the extended warranty as the rest of us can. I don't recall the details but somehow it is illegal to sell an extended warranty like the HondaCare in FL. I think it falls under insurance regulations.

The warranty can be a huge advantage for those who put a lot of miles on their Goldwings. I had a recent problem with electric reverse and cruise control on my high mileage 2010. The bill which I did not see or pay included about 20 hours of labor and several expensive parts. I was very grateful for the extended warranty.
          Harvey Barlow
          Crosby County, TX
          2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
          2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Originally posted by HBarlow View Post
            There was a lot of discussion and complaining by Florida residents about not being able to buy the HondaCare extended warranty on the unmentionable website a couple years ago. FL residents have repeatedly reported they cannot under FL law buy the extended warranty as the rest of us can. I don't recall the details but somehow it is illegal to sell an extended warranty like the HondaCare in FL. I think it falls under insurance regulations.

The warranty can be a huge advantage for those who put a lot of miles on their Goldwings. I had a recent problem with electric reverse and cruise control on my high mileage 2010. The bill which I did not see or pay included about 20 hours of labor and several expensive parts. I was very grateful for the extended warranty.

Florida residents can purchase the extended warranty.......Problem is, if purchased from an in state Honda dealer they must pay full retail....No discounted pricing. Something about it being considered an insurance policy under Florida law. There were ways around it, if purchased out of state.

I just got my final paperwork from Honda last week. It is official, I AM COVERED!
              GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
              Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

When I purchased my '03, prior to the OEM warranty expiring I purchased the Honda extended warranty. Nice having but never used it once. I guess the bike was built that good. Only had the bike in for maintance and recall work, other than that it is solid.
                "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page