Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have an '03 with under 50,000 miles

Seems when I talk to people I am the only one.
    "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

I have an 05 with under 50K (39 actually) but sorry that doesn't really help you.
    Glenn

2005 Honda Goldwing 30th Anniversary
    2012 Honda Silver Wing
    1974 Honda Trail 90

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Nope I got one with 35k on it. I've had it 3 summers now.

Sorry, Lone Ranger, my '03 Wing had 107,781 miles on it the first year. Really !

• Kiwi
          Kiwi commented
          Editing a comment
          Crikey!! I have trouble getting my head around that. 107,781 miles in 1 year!!!
          You must qualify for a Titanium Butt award for that effort.

Originally posted by MMR View Post
        Sorry, Lone Ranger, my '03 Wing had 107,781 miles on it the first year. Really !
        "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

Got a 04 with 43500 on it . . .
          Life is all about decisions. I decided for Jesus Christ.
          04 All White
          Mich Alpin PA3
          Darkside #956

Sorry also, have an "03 with 114000 miles. Ride all year long here, guess you have a rare one.
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Ken
            ..........Central California.........'03 1800 Durango red, the fastest color

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it".......Mark Twain

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity."........ Abraham Lincoln

44,947 on my 02' Orange.

In my defense, I just bought it 2 years ago with 16000 on it.

(Oops, just looked at my records and it's been 3 years, not 2. )
              __________________________________________________ ___________
              "The worst of all fears is the fear of living", Theodore Roosevelt

I have an 2008 with 17,000 on it...it had 8100 when I brought it in Oct of last year & I am the third owner.

Originally posted by Haste Maker View Post
                  I have an 2008 with 17,000 on it...it had 8100 when I brought it in Oct of last year & I am the third owner.
                  I think the pertinent part of this discussion is how did you guys (who are owner two or three...) manage to find a bike with that kind of history on it? Were you actively searching for one, did it just fall into your lap?

A riding buddy asked me how'd I'd buy my next Goldwing, I answered "search the forums..." and within a few weeks, he had a really nice one and was riding it home.
                  Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Well for me, it was luck...I was checking the Ebay ads & saw this bike & a matching Bushtec trailer listed in a little town in NY...and I have a riding buddy up there that had a set just like the one on Ebay, so I called him & sure enough it was his, we let the Ebay ad run it's time & the bike / trailer didn't sell, so I brought it from him..so mine did just fall into my lap.

Originally posted by kwthom View Post
                      I think the pertinent part of this discussion is how did you guys (who are owner two or three...) manage to find a bike with that kind of history on it? Were you actively searching for one, did it just fall into your lap?

A riding buddy asked me how'd I'd buy my next Goldwing, I answered "search the forums..." and within a few weeks, he had a really nice one and was riding it home.
                      I usually get the itch when my Wing approaches 100K. That's when I put my ear to the ground and begin looking and listening for private owners selling and checking a few forums. Since I don't usually buy "new" I look for a 2 to 4 year old low mileage Wing, and I ask a lot of questions and try to verify the answers. Usually purchase from an individual.......no dealers unless I know the Wing. There are excellent used Wings out there, but one must be patient and keep looking.
                      Jim Jackson, Smiths Station, AL
                      My Week Has 6-Saturdays and One Sunday. 2012 GW, 2011 H-D
                      "We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities"….Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail

Originally posted by Bama Jack View Post

I usually get the itch when my Wing approaches 100K.
                        Jack, I need to ask...why are you looking for another Wing, just because yours has reached the 100K mark? There are many out there with 300K and 400K miles on them, and still run great.

Here is a picture of a guy that has 429K miles on his '02 Wing...that I offered to buy from him. He works for JP Cycles, and gets around a lot.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	699.0 KB
ID:	35855

And Ken, you are right on with the comment "I think the pertinent part of this discussion is how did you guys (who are owner two or three...) manage to find a bike with that kind of history on it? Were you actively searching for one, did it just fall into your lap?"

I am constantly looking for an '02 - '05 Wing, with low mileage on it. But more important to me than the mileage, is I want another ABS bike, and I need for it to have as few of changes...accessories...added to it as possible. The second that I see it has a chromed rack mounted on the rear trunk, I skip that ad.

Because I "know" how good a used Wing can be, and the mileage they can handle, I have no concerns about buying a used one with 50K or less on it. It then comes down to color, ABS or not, and accessories that have been added...that need to be removed. Having had NEW ones from '03, and '04, and '06...I am looking to fill in a few missed years

There are so many really good '01 - '05 Wings out there, available for re-purchase, and a lot with low miles on them...it can be like a kid in a candy store...which one do I choose.
                        Attached Files

Got an 03 with 27600 miles. I am second owner.. Bought it 1.5 years ago with 11k miles on it.

04, turned 164,000 coming home from Palm Springs, CA today. Quick trip to Chaparral Motorsports looking for a new helmet...

Bought my 03 in August of 2002. Don't get to ride as much as I would like. Have 48,000 Miles according to Honda....

I got a 2010 with 47.000 0n it this has been a slow year hope to ride a lot more in 2015.
                                2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

I bought an 03 new and had more than 50,000 on it before it was a year old!

Originally posted by kwthom View Post

Mine was luck also. I was actually looking for an 03' Orange (many rides with Betthe caused my hunger) when the 02 came up for sale. The guy almost changed his mind as I was driving to Connecticut to get it, but, felt guilty so sold it after all. 2 weeks later, as I'm switching gear from my 03' Silver, 5Ross calls offering his matching Escapade trailer and that as Paul Harvey would say "Is the rest of the story".

BTW, the fist owner was a doctor that only put 2500 miles on it in 6 years, the second owner added 13500 in 2 years before having serious back problems.
                                    __________________________________________________ ___________
                                    "The worst of all fears is the fear of living", Theodore Roosevelt

My 06 Trike that I bought new in May 2006, has 48,000 on it.
                                      Living in Wisconsin, I only ride it from late April until the end of October due to snow and slat on the roads.
                                      We do put 3,000 to 5,000 on our snowmobiles during the winter.
                                      T.A. Jens
                                      The Pizza Man
                                      1800 06 White Champion Trike
                                      2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                                      2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                                      GWRRA Life Member

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page