Where Can I Find Dealer Invoice Prices On New Goldwings??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Can I Find Dealer Invoice Prices On New Goldwings??

Anyone know a source for Goldwing dealer invoice pricing? If memory serves I found invoice price lists before I bought my Goldwing in January 2011 but can't locate a source now.
    Harvey Barlow
    Crosby County, TX
    2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
    2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

I worked in sales, service, and as F & I manager in car/truck dealerships a few years back after I retired from the Navy so I'm familiar with manufacturer to dealer incentives and pricing strategies. It's usually fairly easy to find dealer invoice pricing on cars and trucks but I can't find a thing on motorcycles.
    Harvey Barlow
    Crosby County, TX

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Google...

http://www.seedealercost.com/product...ug/powersports

Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Thanks very much, Ken. I knew it was out there somewhere. It's just a matter of getting the question to the man who knows the answer!
        Harvey Barlow
        Crosby County, TX

Unfortunately, that price guide is not correct. I agree, it was nice of Ken to supply it, but the prices for the dealer invoices are way off. I can assure you, the numbers are not right.

Originally posted by MMR View Post
            Unfortunately, that price guide is not correct. I agree, it was nice of Ken to supply it, but the prices for the dealer invoices are way off. I can assure you, the numbers are not right.

The website figures provided by Ken are very much in line with costs I've seen before on Goldwings and on automobiles in general. A comparison of dealer cost website numbers with Honda MSRP from the Powersports website shows that minor increases have been applied to MSRP on Air Bag, ABS, and XM/Nav models but that's completely normal, expected, and acknowledged in the small print on the dealer cost site.

If the website's numbers are wrong, what are the correct costs and prices?
            Harvey Barlow
            Crosby County, TX

Of course I have no way of proving the site had precisely accurate information but it's the best anyone can come up with and provides a good guide.

The only thing that really matters is the dealer's price compared to other dealer prices. Can it be beat by a buyer willing to travel? Is a trade involved?

I'm not sure selling prices on F6Bs are very valuable for predicting prices. How well have they sold? How much incentive money has mother Honda possibly put behind them?

My dealer in Lubbock has had one sitting on the floor for several months. I'm not sure if it has been sold yet.
              Harvey Barlow
              Crosby County, TX

I remember back in 2003 before I purchased my '03 Goldwing, my son sent me a price web-site that listed all dealer
                prices on Goldwings, but don't remember the site.
                I do remember though there was a $10.00 fee payed up front to enter.

Unfortunately, the typical "dealer invoice" is a bogus number. Years ago the manufacturers and dealers figured out the "game" and have all the advantage on their side. I was in the boat and RV business and there are many factors that determine dealer cost; freight, factory incentives, sales incentives, financing options, etc. So pinning down their cost is almost impossible. About the best you can do is directly contact dealers you want to do business with and get quotes. Of course, there are large dealers who typically under price smaller dealers if you are willing to maybe travel. Sunrise Honda and Honda of Russellville are two that come to mind for me because they're both in Arkansas and are reported to be two of the biggest volume dealers in the country.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page