Tips on Hartco Seat Covers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tips on Hartco Seat Covers

    I bought a set of Hartco seat covers on CL (they actually look like they're new, just no packaging). They're identical to those in this photo:
    https://www.facebook.com/15311005470...type=3&theater

    When I first looked at getting them, I assumed they were like car seat covers, you just used them over your existing seats; however, the more I've read about them, the more I'm led to believe these are actually replacement covers.

    My seat has split along one of the seams. I decided to go this route just because I don't want to mess with the hassle of warranty on them (not even 100% they would be covered). What would some of you with experience recommend, just install over the old, or remove the old and install these? Any tips on installation?
    2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



    Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

  • #2
    Curious myself, I looked at them but the pictures I have seen do not show just the cover. I tend to believe these are a total replacement cover and the old must come off first. They do not offer much info regarding anything other than a complete seat.
    Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


    • #3
      look on the underside of the set cover to see if there are attachments sewn on to attach it to the seat ban. There should be appx fourteen places where one can use zip ties to attach the cover through the cushion and attach it to the base.

      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


      • #4
        From what I've seen from Hartco at rallies, etc......... these would "seat-covers" that are custom-made to slip over the existing stock seat. That's my observation. I've seen them installed on seats and they really fit tight and appear as original seat-cover. There is another company named B & G out of TN that makes a very similar product if they are still in business.
        Jim Jackson, Smiths Station, AL
        My Week Has 6-Saturdays and One Sunday. 2012 GW, 2011 H-D
        "We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities"….Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail

        Comment: (For off-topic replies)


        • #5
          You are correct Bama Jack, after looking closer, I found that these were indeed meant to fit over the existing seat, but they are a very good, custom fit for the GL1800. Unfortunately, the set I bought (used) are for pre-2012, and the 2012 seat is just enough "different" to cause a few problems. The holes for the handles didn't line up, and the cover was a little bit too short on the sides. My wife and I liked the look though, so we decided to go ahead and order a set for the 2012.
          2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



          Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

          Comment: (For off-topic replies)


          • #6
            Originally posted by hparsons View Post
            You are correct Bama Jack, after looking closer, I found that these were indeed meant to fit over the existing seat, but they are a very good, custom fit for the GL1800. Unfortunately, the set I bought (used) are for pre-2012, and the 2012 seat is just enough "different" to cause a few problems. The holes for the handles didn't line up, and the cover was a little bit too short on the sides. My wife and I liked the look though, so we decided to go ahead and order a set for the 2012.
            Like to see a picture of the new one once you have it on.
            Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

            Comment: (For off-topic replies)


            • #7
              Will do. The current (not quite rite) covers really look pretty good, just didn't like a couple of things that were because of them being used, and that they didn't quite fit.

              Interestingly, when I called to ask about 2012 covers (which weren't listed on their web site), I got the owner. He assured me they make 2012 covers, and was very easy to work with. He asked me If I had an add-on back, and the brand (Utopia), and what if I had arm rests, and the brand. He's going to include covers for both with the set. Even my wife is excited.

              Odd, to be excited over the prospect of getting seat covers for Christmas
              2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



              Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

              Comment: (For off-topic replies)


              • #8
                Originally posted by hparsons View Post
                I bought a set of Hartco seat covers on CL (they actually look like they're new, just no packaging). They're identical to those in this photo:
                https://www.facebook.com/15311005470...type=3&theater

                When I first looked at getting them, I assumed they were like car seat covers, you just used them over your existing seats; however, the more I've read about them, the more I'm led to believe these are actually replacement covers.

                My seat has split along one of the seams. I decided to go this route just because I don't want to mess with the hassle of warranty on them (not even 100% they would be covered). What would some of you with experience recommend, just install over the old, or remove the old and install these? Any tips on installation?
                call Mark Hart at Hartco/Diamond seats here in Florida his nr is 1-800-722-9995 or 1-386-698-2737 and he will tell you exactly how to install the covers.
                Mark is the owner and a very stand up guy.
                Jack
                Jack & Jolene on a GL1800/Champion Trike out of Silver Springs, FL.

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • hparsons
                  hparsons commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yessir, actually already called him and ordered a set specifically for the 2012. You are right, he's a great guy to work with. I was impressed.

              • #9
                Originally posted by jhuddle View Post

                call Mark Hart at Hartco/Diamond seats here in Florida his nr is 1-800-722-9995 or 1-386-698-2737 and he will tell you exactly how to install the covers.
                Mark is the owner and a very stand up guy.
                Jack
                AGREED .. 100% .. I've known Mark for about 14 years and have always had a great experience dealing with him.
                Last edited by bozodriver; 12-10-2014, 04:43 PM. Reason: forgot the "n" in known
                Watertown, CT .. Hiddenite, NC

                Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                • #10
                  Originally posted by 530ktm View Post
                  Like to see a picture of the new one once you have it on.
                  OK, my wife got me the seat covers for Christmas, and I finally had the combination of decent weather and nothing planned to do, so I got them on today.

                  These are really nice, and feel great. The owner of the company is a good guy to deal with as well.

                  Here's a photo as requested.


                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2203.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	646.2 KB
ID:	43582
                  2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper



                  Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

                  Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                  • #11
                    on the installation. Looks pretty darn good. Really can't tell they are seat-covers. You will probably enjoy these for a long time. Ride safe ya hear!
                    Jim Jackson, Smiths Station, AL
                    My Week Has 6-Saturdays and One Sunday. 2012 GW, 2011 H-D
                    "We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities"….Prentice Ritter, Broken Trail

                    Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                    • #12
                      I have seen a couple Wings with these type covers and they look great you can't tell there covers was very impressed
                      2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

                      Comment: (For off-topic replies)


                      • #13
                        Found this on their web site:
                        Hartco makes the best fitting replacement covers for the Honda GL 1500 Goldwing on the market. The covers are easy to install and can be done on your kitchen table with no tools. Our velour replacement covers for the Honda GL 1500 Goldwing go over the existing cover. You do not have to remove the factory cover to install them.? The covers fit so well that after a week it is difficult to tell the difference between our fitted covers and one of our custom seats.? The covers stay in place and do not move around

                        Comment: (For off-topic replies)

                        Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X