Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice - CB operation via Bluetooth on 2012-2014 GL1800

Is anyone using a Bluetooth solution that allows the operation of the CB radio as well as the other audio sources on the 2012-2014 gl1800? If so, what is the solution? Who makes it? What model number, etc??? Thanks in advance.
    Richard
    Darksider #390
    Murgie's FAQ

I'm using a Sena SMH10 BT and a module from Serria Electronics. I have full function of the CB and all other audio functions. The only drawback is all sound is in mono.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I use the Sena 20s with the Sierra Harness too. You can get stereo from your Goldwing if you buy the Sena SM10 transmitter. My wife and I find the mono very good and I don't even take my SM10 with me anymore.

Here's what I did when I finally decided to go Bluetooth.

I purchased a dual pack of Sena 20s online. They mount on the helmet easily. I paired them and my wife and I were able to cut the cable from the Goldwing. We had clear, crisp, wind noise free and static free communication between us. It was tons better than the horrible 2012 Goldwing static filled intercom system.

After that worked I purchased a Sierra Harness and a SMH10 module, not the entire headset just the module, from Sierra Electronics. The Harness plugs into the Goldwing cable under the front left pocket (plug and play) and you feed the wires into the pocket. You then plug the wires into the SMH10 module and snap the module into the harness in the pocket. You pair your Sena 20s to the SMH10 and you then have your complete Goldwing system including CB via Bluetooth.

If you want stereo you have to spend another hundred or so and buy the Sena SM10 Bluetooth Transmitter and pair it to the headsets.

Before you buy the SM10 transmitter you should see if the mono is agreeable with you. I think it's fine myself and that's one less thing I have to worry about charging and carrying around.

Works really well! This was my first venture in Bluetooth on my trike and it was almost painless except to my wallet.

Good luck!
      2012 Goldwing CSC Viper Trike
      Retired MSF Instructor

Thank you both for your valuable feedback.
        Richard
        Darksider #390
        Murgie's FAQ

Originally posted by Grandpa1 View Post
          I use the Sena 20s with the Sierra Harness too. You can get stereo from your Goldwing if you buy the Sena SM10 transmitter. My wife and I find the mono very good and I don't even take my SM10 with me anymore.

I purchased a dual pack of Sena 20s online. They mount on the helmet easily. I paired them and my wife and I were able to cut the cable from the Goldwing. We had clear, crisp, wind noise free and static free communication between us. It was tons better than the horrible 2012 Goldwing static filled intercom system.

After that worked I purchased a Sierra Harness and a SMH10 module, not the entire headset just the module, from Sierra Electronics. The Harness plugs into the Goldwing cable under the front left pocket (plug and play) and you feed the wires into the pocket. You then plug the wires into the SMH10 module and snap the module into the harness in the pocket. You pair your Sena 20s to the SMH10 and you then have your complete Goldwing system including CB via Bluetooth.

If you want stereo you have to spend another hundred or so and buy the Sena SM10 Bluetooth Transmitter and pair it to the headsets.

Before you buy the SM10 transmitter you should see if the mono is agreeable with you. I think it's fine myself and that's one less thing I have to worry about charging and carrying around.

Works really well! This was my first venture in Bluetooth on my trike and it was almost painless except to my wallet.

Good luck!
          Is the SM 10 for sale?
          A Happy Traveler Has No Particular Destination.

Originally posted by Just Dave View Post

Is the SM 10 for sale?
            No. Think I'll keep it. I'm a packrat when comes to motorcycle stuff. Kind of like a woman and her shoes. Even if they hurt her feet she don't get rid of them.
            Just sayin'!
            2012 Goldwing CSC Viper Trike
            Retired MSF Instructor

J&M CFBR will add Bluetooth stereo to your bike that works flawlessly with you GL system. Also add your cell phone if you want. the thing is not cheap but I have had mine on my last 2 GL1800's I listen to my iTunes and audiobooks. You still use the plug in cord.

Good luck!

I have an Sena SM 10 transmitter pair with another brand of headsets I use a cord from the SM 10 to the Goldwing headset cord in bike. My question is will I still need the cord to bike to get stereo if I add the SMH10 module and Sierra Harness?

Thanks,

HT

Originally posted by Littljoe View Post
                  I have an Sena SM 10 transmitter pair with another brand of headsets I use a cord from the SM 10 to the Goldwing headset cord in bike. My question is will I still need the cord to bike to get stereo if I add the SMH10 module and Sierra Harness?

Thanks,

HT
                  Littlejoe, on my current wing I have the SM10 hooked to the bikes headset cord. On my helmet I have the SMH10. The SMH10 supports the A2DP protocol which supports stereo. So the bottom line is that the SM10 paired with the SMH10 does support stereo. Adding a CB to the mix adds a bit more complexity and more $$$. Besides the guidance the folks on here will provide, I'd call Sierra Electronics on (800)338-6938 for guidance. I have called many different vendors and Sierra seems to be the only ones who have a solution, albeit a little convoluted. Sierra is based out of Ohio.
                  Richard
                  Darksider #390
                  Murgie's FAQ

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page