2012 Rear Spoiler brake light flasher options?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012+ 2012 Rear Spoiler brake light flasher options?

I've been thinking about adding a rear spoiler to my Pearl White 2012 Wing, only for the added safety of the brake light. I've seen Cruiseman's video (great work) but would like something to rapidly flash the spoiler brake light that does not turn it into a running light. What else works for this and is a simple install?

I've tried searching for a good price for the spoiler and the best I have found is here (plus $14.95 shipping)

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...-MCA-181C.html

Thanks!
    --Rick
    2012 Goldwing

Your best options for a spoiler especially if you want color match will i think be the oem option. That is what i went with and am extremely happy with fit and finish. You get what you pay for and im sure there are cheaper options out there, but in this case i would stick with oem. Also in regards to the flashing brake light, you can purchase aftermarket light bars that will install directly in place of the factory light bar in the spoiler.(they screw right out) You also have a ton of options out there in regards to wiring up exsisting light bar to flash. Try wingstuff.com or kuryakin to start. Good luck.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Thanks, I believe the one in the link above is oem. A friend has a replacement LED strip in his which also converts it to turn signals but it looks dim. I just want a flasher that will plug into the harness.
      --Rick
      2012 Goldwing

Try Electrical Connections... Lewis has a bunch of options that may do what you're looking for...
        [B][I]250 Years of Tradition unimpeded by Progress
        Kickin' Ass to Save Yours[/I][/B]

Originally posted by Firedog53 View Post
          Try Electrical Connections... Lewis has a bunch of options that may do what you're looking for...
          Thanks Firedog53! That was what I was looking for!
          --Rick
          2012 Goldwing

Hello rmcnelly, I installed OEM spoiler on my bike for added visibility as well. If you only are wanting to use it as brake light and have it flash, I used "P/N LSC-100A Brake Light Strobe Module" from Super Bright LED. It is really small and easy to install and at only $4.95 plus shipping you can't go wrong. I believe it has only one flash pattern of 4 quick flashes, then 4 long flashes and then full on. However should you want to use spoiler as running light also, I used "P/N 02113" from Electrical Connections at $22.95. It has an adjustable resister so you can adjust the brightness of the running light portion of circuit. Then when you hit your breaks they go through the strobe unit and full brightness. Looks pretty good.

Originally posted by jcardea View Post
              Hello rmcnelly, I installed OEM spoiler on my bike for added visibility as well. If you only are wanting to use it as brake light and have it flash, I used "P/N LSC-100A Brake Light Strobe Module" from Super Bright LED. It is really small and easy to install and at only $4.95 plus shipping you can't go wrong. I believe it has only one flash pattern of 4 quick flashes, then 4 long flashes and then full on. However should you want to use spoiler as running light also, I used "P/N 02113" from Electrical Connections at $22.95. It has an adjustable resister so you can adjust the brightness of the running light portion of circuit. Then when you hit your breaks they go through the strobe unit and full brightness. Looks pretty good.
              Thanks!
              --Rick
              2012 Goldwing

I may be wrong on this, but I think a brake light modulator, by law, can only flash so many times before is turns solid. In other words, it cannot flash indefinitely. As for no running lights, EC may have a solution for that.
                GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                  I may be wrong on this, but I think a brake light modulator, by law, can only flash so many times before is turns solid. In other words, it cannot flash indefinitely. As for no running lights, EC may have a solution for that.
                  Its pricey, but I like this from Electrical connections. You can set the flash rate and speed.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/...superflash.htm

Thanks again everyone!
                    --Rick
                    2012 Goldwing

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page