Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack

Wondering if anyone can recommend a good Jack for the Wing, I currently use a 15 year plus Craftsman but do have problems getting it under her the bike also never seems to sit level, its either of to right or left.
    Thanks for help.
    Tony C.
    2014 GL1800 Level 3 Black
    Why Black?
    Cause Everyone Knows the Black Ones Are Faster!

I have an old J&S jack I found on craigslist which is a great jack. I used to have a yellow craftsman jack that would shake and shimmy with the weight of teh wing but the J&S jack is rock solid.
    Learn to ride your bike so your bike doesn't ride you....

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I have a Pit Bull and really like it. I had a Craftsman and it worked okay, but the Pit Bull just feels more secure. It is great for just about any reason I have to raise the Wing. It also works on the VTX and the CBX so that covers my fleet. I have not tried it on the riding mower but suspect I could figure a way to make it work.
      Harvey
      Ride Safe and Ride Often

I would suggest either a Pit-Bull or a J&S, I have used the cheaper Sears, Northern Tool, HF, etc & (imop) they are all junk!
        I don't have a big issue using them on smaller bikes, (although even then I am not comfortable). the pit-bull & J&S are a little spendy, but well worth the money.
        on the smaller bikes the "cheapies" work OK, but I still tie them off

on the bigger bikes I just say a "prayer"

Get a good lift!!!! JMOP

Made this with some 3/4plywood , 4 boxes and a ramp each box is removable except for the one supporting the bike ,very solid... when not in use they act either as shelving or they stack interlock with each other and take up very little space

interesting
            Tony C.
            Why Black?

Originally posted by msnden View Post
              I would suggest either a Pit-Bull or a J&S, I have used the cheaper Sears, Northern Tool, HF, etc & (imop) they are all junk!
              I don't have a big issue using them on smaller bikes, (although even then I am not comfortable). the pit-bull & J&S are a little spendy, but well worth the money.
              on the smaller bikes the "cheapies" work OK, but I still tie them off

on the bigger bikes I just say a "prayer"

Get a good lift!!!! JMOP

Looks to be around 460.00?
              Tony C.
              Why Black?

Originally posted by Hondadiver View Post
                Made this with some 3/4plywood , 4 boxes and a ramp each box is removable except for the one supporting the bike ,very solid... when not in use they act either as shelving or they stack interlock with each other and take up very little space
                Very nice,What are the dimensions ?

PitBull Dyna model with a Wing adapter designed & welded up by Gator.
                  Raise 25" and run engine without any straps. Sit up on bike and make motor noises if you wish .

Did you weld the bracket for the air compressior? Or did you covert the lift and add the air for it?
                    Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1771[/ATTACH] Here are pictures of my lift - My Wife bought for me 16 yrs ago and it's a pit bull or might be a first version? How would or what parts or could it converted to a air lift it lifts my wing fine -just asking if it's possible without spending 600 + for a new one?
                      Attached Files

IBA # 40576

Originally posted by GatorWing View Post
                        PitBull Dyna model with a Wing adapter designed & welded up by Gator.
                        Raise 25" and run engine without any straps. Sit up on bike and make motor noises if you wish .
                        GatorWing

Have you used your lift on a wing with a belly pan?

RJ

Here is my J&S...it is rock solid...and I do have a belly pan on my bike

John
                          John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Check this out...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avJ2a0oOvCU

John
                            John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Thanks for all your suggestions, after watching the video it will be a J & S,
                              Tony C.
                              Why Black?

Originally posted by JGDJR View Post
                                That was a Good link - Dated 2012- Meaning as with stuff today - Had you bought it say 5 to yrs earlier the "pitbull" would have been with a stronger materials as we move forward with cost cutting the orginial product can change over time while the Ad campaign stays the same, My lift is a cross between the pit bull & the J&S it has the width of 17" and the same base length as the pitbull - Seeing how it was purchased 16 yrs ago -it's heavy and moves around my shop without any Flex. I doubt the early models of pitbull lifts flex as shown in the video.

Based on the reasons above.

IBA # 40576

Originally posted by Westdc View Post
                                  Did you weld the bracket for the air compressior? Or did you covert the lift and add the air for it?
                                  I welded the bracket. The compressor is over 30 years old (from Sears). I am frugal (OK cheap). The lift comes in 2 models, They are the manual foot pedal operated & the air model. It is not air over hydraulic as advertised. It is an Omega brand 12 ton jack with an air motor that pumps the hydraulic oil. It has a handle that operates the jack if the air motor should fail.

Originally posted by Westdc View Post
                                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1771[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_267_1407433842157_224[/ATTACH] Here are pictures of my lift - My Wife bought for me 16 yrs ago and it's a pit bull or might be a first version? How would or what parts or could it converted to a air lift it lifts my wing fine -just asking if it's possible without spending 600 + for a new one?
                                    It would be safer and probably more economical to sell your jack and purchase an air operated model than trying a conversion. If I had to do it over again I would purchase the foot operated model. I rarely lift the bike high except for working behind the front cowls for farkels.

Thanks -it works fine I just thought air was something I might need but I can live without it.

Thanks

IBA # 40576

Originally posted by ar-jay View Post

GatorWing

Have you used your lift on a wing with a belly pan?

RJ
                                        I have a stainless steel belly pan made by Champion. No louvers though. Louvers would not be good with a wide arm lift like the Dyna model. The rear arm traps the tangs on the center stand. I slip a 4"x2" piece of 3/8" plywood longways centered on the engine flanges and on the front lifting arm. The pan is sandwiched in between the arm and the plywood strip. Some of the louvers on newer pans would get flattened with the forward arm while sliding the lift into place for lifting. I always want all the bikes load on the stand and engine block .

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page