X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001, GL1800A Interference Engine?

Hi All,

Currently at around 50K miles and wondering about timing belts etc. Engine makes a noise when starting sometimes. Kinda like hydraulic lifters had bled down or something. Once running it is fine, smooth and as sweet as you like.

That rattling got me thinking, of noisy things on starting, so figured I'd ask, is this an interference engine? I may have to be more diligent about changing the Timing Belt.
    2001, GL1800A, 50K miles, pretty much stock. Been (w)renching, riding and racing, cars, boats and bikes, for 60-years.

Originally posted by Rocky
    All GL1800's have "Timing Chains"
    Awesome, thanks. It turns out to be the starter motor. It was slow to start this morning and when it did, I could hear the starter still engaged at idle. Just looking at dealer prices and I feel faint and I don't even have my wallet out yet.

Amazon have some but it looks like they ship from China and I need it faster than that. Our truck died and now the Honda!

I must have peed on someone's grave.

2001, GL1800A, 50K miles, pretty much stock. Been (w)renching, riding and racing, cars, boats and bikes, for 60-years.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Just look around until you find what you can afford Good Luck
      2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page