•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Madrebel View Post
    Yep, still factory ones. If ITo not covered I will be upgrading to tapered. Send info on your rocky tree please. 👍🏼
    Pm's sent.

Leave a comment:

• Madrebel
    replied
    Yep, still factory ones. If ITo not covered I will be upgrading to tapered. Send info on your rocky tree please. 👍🏼

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Madrebel View Post
    My 2017 has slack in the steering head bearings and I only have a little over 11,000 miles on it. Is this normal or was it not set up properly at the factory? Seems like it’s low mileage to be having this problem. Would this be covered under warranty?

Do you still have the Factory Ball Bearings?

If so once they are set properly. I have to readjust them every 12-15,000 miles. (They loosen up in that mileage.)

Most people go to the tapered Roller All Balls bearings.

Once set properly. They hold the adjustment.

Warranties only cover defective parts. Warranty (ex) doesn't cover an adjustment.

Although I have seen some dealers go above and beyond for a customer if they bought the bike from them or have a service contract with them.

I suggest you call your local dealer to ask if they'd cover the adjustment under warranty?.

Asking first doesn't cost anything.

If you decide to have the All Balls bearings installed?

Now would be a great time to upgrade the Lower Triple tree to a "Rocky Tree" or Aluminum Tree.
    It will make you think you have a new handling bike under you!!.

Leave a comment:

• Yellowbird
    replied
    Seems like very low mileage to be experiencing steering head bearing problems they can last for many miles before even need an adjustment. Check everything out to insure it all tight and take it back to the dealer i am sure that covered in your warranty. Keep us informed Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• Madrebel
    started a topic Steering head bearings

Steering head bearings

My 2017 has slack in the steering head bearings and I only have a little over 11,000 miles on it. Is this normal or was it not set up properly at the factory? Seems like it’s low mileage to be having this problem. Would this be covered under warranty?

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page