Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty expired but problem was not fixed

Hi All,
    I would like an opinion on something . My BF has a 2013 goldwing which he bought used but the warranty was available to be transferred to him , which was great. So 2 years after he owned it the grips and seat stopped heating he took it to the same place 3 or 4 times and they kept saying it was fixed but as soon as he got it home it stopped heating again. So basically they had the bike pretty much all last summer so when he stored it (with the same company, only a differant town) he asked them to see if they could figure out what was wrong since he was not having any luck with the other location as to solving the problem. Well the warranty has expired so they are now charging him per hour until they can find out what is wrong. He also contacted Honda and they pretty much said the shop told them it was fixed , BF told them it is not they proceeded to tell him well the warranty has expired so you are on your own? Doesnt the fact that the problem has not been fixed still be covered under the warranty since it was in there 3 times previously for the exact same thing and it's still not working? Any help on this would be appreciated Thank you

Why did he not test them before leaving the dealer? It's pretty easy to do. Trust but verify. I can kinda see why Honda is taking the dealer's position. As far as they are concerned the dealer has stated the problem was fixed and now it has broken again after the warranty expired. He might have a case under your state's lemon law (if it has one) because of the number of times they tried to fix it but as he bought the vehicle used that may not be likely.

I'm a bit confused by the length of the warranty as well. Standard Honda warranty is 3 years which would have expired in 2016/2017, so the only way it could have still been valid in 2018 is if the bike wasnt registered for the first time until 2015 or it had an extended protection plan that wasnt the max 5 additional years.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Call the Attorney General for your state. If the problem was noted under warranty and not fixed the shop shouldn't be able to charge. I had something like this happen to one of my cars. Took a while but a call from the AG's office got the ball rolling.

2005 Silver Bullet

Originally posted by Winger63 View Post
        Call the Attorney General for your state. If the problem was noted under warranty and not fixed the shop shouldn't be able to charge. I had something like this happen to one of my cars. Took a while but a call from the AG's office got the ball rolling.
        FYI. OP hasn't been back since joining and posting this thread.
        You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page