Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth for 2015 Goldwing and CB

I have a 2015 GL 1800. I would like to install a CB on it. My question is- I use the Sena sm10 (not the Freewire) on the Bike and use the 20S EVO on my helmet. Will I be able to talk through these? I don't want to waste my money if I cannot communicate.

No. You will have to upgrade to the Freewire to use the 20s with your CB.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Thats what I was afraid of. Thank you

Revzilla Has an adapter that connects to the bike audio using an Sm20. and it works for both the passenger and rider. the Freewire only works for one headset. you need another Freewire for passenger. I have the Revzilla setup for about 5 years. No problems with several different headsets on helmets.

Originally posted by Littljoe View Post
          Revzilla Has an adapter that connects to the bike audio using an Sm20. and it works for both the passenger and rider. the Freewire only works for one headset. you need another Freewire for passenger. I have the Revzilla setup for about 5 years. No problems with several different headsets on helmets.
          Link please. Looked and could not find anything on their site other than the Freewire and SR10.

Can't put link on against rules. I checked and Sierra electronics has a different one, that Steve Schmidt has made a different one for them. I have not used it donot know if it will work for both riders.

Originally posted by Littljoe View Post
              Can't put link on against rules. I checked and Sierra electronics has a different one, that Steve Schmidt has made a different one for them. I have not used it donot know if it will work for both riders.
              PM the link to him?
              Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
              "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
              Current bikes.
              1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
              1986 GL1200 SEi
              2004 GL1800

PM sent

That is just the adapter cable to connect the SR10 or Freewire into the Gl1800 intercom system. After you buy the adapter for $99.99 you are still going
                  to have to spend $180.00 or more for the actual bluetooth unit. Also the SR10 is for CB only from my understanding . The Freewire will allow for all the infotanment system including the CB to connect thru bluetooth. And yes with either the SR10 or Freewire you will still need a cable/adapter to connect it to the bike's intercom.

The system I have mounts a smh 20 in the left glove box. It allows all bike comm to blue tooth to all paired headsets to the smh 20 mounted in left glove box. I bought mine from Sierra Electronics it was made for them by Steve Schmidt. I donot have an sr10 I donot no if it will bluetooth to more than 1 headset. I bought a Freewire off this website not knowing it would olny Bluetooth to 1 headset. I have an sm 10 that will Bluetooth to 2 headsets. sm10, sr10 and freewire all look almost a like.

Please check the link you sent me. It shows and describes an adapter cable and SR-10 not an sm20. Also there is no sena sm20. Do you mean smh-10 or sena 20s ?
                      I know the setup you are talking about. You take a smh-10 , but you can use any of the Sena or Scala , or Uclear headsets, and a mounting kit and hardwire it into the goldwing intercom system. I believe Sena actually sold Steve's kit before they came out with their own. I have the original diagrams for his mod.
                      Asfar as the limitations on how many headset it will connect to it depends on the headset you use in the left pocket. If you are using the smh-10 than you can connect it to two other headset besides your own.

The link I sent you is the only they sell now. I have the old kit that mounts a sena mount (I use SMH20) in left pocket it is plug and play. My wife and I have all of the GL1800 comms from this one connection via Bluetooth including CB, CD( I have a mp3 pluged into the cd plug, & aux. I could not find this setup available for purchase anymore.

I'm done beating my head against a wall.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page