Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Stream vs Tulsa +4

which do you prefer for passenger comfort?

I had X-Tall Tulsa's w/v for years on my 1500's and then on my 1800 back.
    Try the V-Stream on my 1800 last year and then sent it back.
    I put on a F 4+4 w/v and we like it the best.
    T.A. Jens
    The Pizza Man
    1800 06 White Champion Trike
    2005 Bunkhouse Camper
    2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
    GWRRA Life Member

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I could not deal with the scratching of the Tulsa. No coating makes it very susceptible to hairline scratches when you dry it off.
      GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
      Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

I just got rid of a Tulsa cleaning it wasn't too bad it just leaned back to far for me. I kept hitting my head on it the tulsa did offer pretty good wind protection and i must say was good in the rain. Just put on a F4 + 4 tinted w vent and so far its a very nice upgrade. Cleaning the F4 is a breeze you can use any cleaner with paper towels, as with the tulsa you could only use micro fiber and special cleaners and they will scratch easy.
        2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

F4s are great! Their warranty is excellent. They replaced 2 of mine free due to a few small cracks around the vent after almost a year of use. The current one has no cracks and crystal clear!

I got the V-stream in Madison and love it. Can't speak about any other aftermarket shields though.
            Learn to ride your bike so your bike doesn't ride you....

I have a Tulsa on my 18 and had one my 1500. Having had one since 1996 I don't think twice about cleaning it. I use plastic cleaner and they look great. What is funny is when you are going down the road and the sun is just right to cast a profile shadow it look like you are riding a vetter equipped bike from the 80s-then you see your self in the mirror or in a reflection and it is like WTF who is that old dude riding my bike!

I liked the X Tall Tulsa's but not the rain coming over the top and on my lap.
                T.A. Jens
                The Pizza Man
                1800 06 White Champion Trike
                2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                GWRRA Life Member

Bought the V Stream and am very disappointed. It does help but nowhere near What the ads show ( vortices going out and away from rider). Top of helmet is barely clear of buffeting, so that helps, but still side buffeting, though not as much. I'm 5' 9". Just bought an F4 +4- will report on it when installed

Originally posted by CaptLen View Post
                    Bought the V Stream and am very disappointed. It does help but nowhere near What the ads show ( vortices going out and away from rider). Top of helmet is barely clear of buffeting, so that helps, but still side buffeting, though not as much. I'm 5' 9". Just bought an F4 +4- will report on it when installed
                    Do you have hand wings mounted under the mirrors. They make a noticeable difference.
                    I don't use Windbender, and it helped a lot, especially for my passenger, but the hand wings cleaned up the rest of the turbulent are quite nicely.

Bought an F4 +4 w/vent two years ago. After 22K miles have a couple of small stone chips, but the windshield has worked great. Easy cleaning and no scratches. Just use water and paper towels or the F4 cleaner. Replaced the factory shield, so have no other experience with the Tulsa or V Stream.

Originally posted by jmohme View Post
                        Do you have hand wings mounted under the mirrors. They make a noticeable difference.
                        I don't use Windbender, and it helped a lot, especially for my passenger, but the hand wings cleaned up the rest of the turbulent are quite nicely.
                        I believe windshields are a personal item. The vast differences in riders and rider positions will mean that what works for one person may not work for another. I'm 5'9" and weigh between 165-170 pounds but my backrest position can also impact how the shield allows air to flow past me. The only time I get helmet buffeting with the V-stream is when I am coming up onto an 18 wheeler. I do have the Special edition shield as well which is slightly thicker than the standard and may also have an impact on how the shield works. As much as I hate to say it, as I believe the shield is affected by so many variables a person can only tell which will work for them by testing them out. However, that can get pretty darn expensive.
                        Learn to ride your bike so your bike doesn't ride you....

Yes, USRider- I bought a V Stream and was disappointed- just bought an F4 +4 and likemit so far- for me it's a big improvement. Just an expensive way to learn......

Very happy with my F4 + 4 also offer good protection very easy cleaning. I still have a lot of side buffering i have Baker hand wings which help out may try the lower wings to try and knock out some of the side buffering. But i am very happy with my F4 +4
                            2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

I bought the V-Stream SE for my bike about a month ago. We took a trip down to New Mexico for 4 days and it was an incredible improvement over the stock shield. Like USN rider, I notice the wind buffeting when I'm coming up on an 18 wheeler or when following a string of cars and being stuck in that "dirty" air. I'm 5'11" and have the shield set so I can look over it about 2 inches and that seems to work for me and my bride. On windier days, I'll raise the shield all the way up. We got caught in some pretty heavy rain on that trip and the water just rolled right off. Does it entirely eliminate the wind? Of course not. But that's why we ride bikes, right?!
                              Ron - Montrose, CO
                              2018 Pearl White GL1800 DCT
                              2012 Pearl White GL1800 Level 1 - Sold @ 63K miles
                              I don't ride to make great time; I ride to have a great time!

I have had the F4 for several years. Much better than stock!
                                Harvey
                                Ride Safe and Ride Often

Pulled the trigger on a Windbender as I am one of the riders that must look over the shield. I did ride behind a friends and was sold on it. Only other shield I have used is stock and at 100K it is time to replace it. Time will tell but at least I got a demo ride before buying.

Fred
                                  Recently moved to TN my native state, Feels good to be back home.

I replaced my Tulsa +4 with a V-Stream SE 4 years ago and never looked back. My next windshield will be an F4, but I have been very happy with the V-Stream.

The Tulsa is not coated so it gets tiny, hairline scratches and it difficult to keep clean.
                                    GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
                                    Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

• bikerbillone
                                      bikerbillone commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Have you tested the F4 Custom? Some serious $ for us riders on a budget. I'm using the Vstream now as well, like it, but for the future, like to give my passenger a little more wind protection.

I have had my V STREAM on 3 diff bikes over 100K miles still going strong with 3 rock dings.

Originally posted by Cruiseman View Post
                                      I replaced my Tulsa +4 with a V-Stream SE 4 years ago and never looked back. My next windshield will be an F4, but I have been very happy with the V-Stream.
                                      I agree! I have been using a V-Stream SE for over 2 years & it looks like new & is very effective @ deflecting wind around me & my SO. Much better than a stock windshield, for sure!

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page