Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer wiring

I need to put a 4 flat trailer wire on my bike and I have purchased a 5 to 4 wire adapter. It has those don't know the right work but wire tap connectors to connect to the bikes brake lights and blinkers and the other side has a 4 wire plug on it. Where is the best place to connect this unit? In the back by license plate or under the seat or where? Wiring is not my specialty so a little info would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you bought the el cheapo trailer harness?.

Most trailer isolation harnesses are plug n play.

You should never Tap into the bikes wiring harness, or you'll risk screwing up a very expensive harness.
    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

I agree with Rocky, I just posted a response to your post on the other forum. I am happy to help if you need it.
      Steve K
      Edgewater, FL
      And the Lord said; "Thou shalt have dominion over all of the animals, except of course the cat."

Would like to thank M61A1MECH for his plug and play wiring for this. Clear instructions with pictures that really helped everything works great

Good to hear that it all worked well.
          Steve K
          Edgewater, FL
          And the Lord said; "Thou shalt have dominion over all of the animals, except of course the cat."

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page