X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clayusmcret
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing more than curiosity....hence, no justification for spending the money. Now if you've got a spare set you'll loan me for a month or so, my curiosity would easily be satisfied. Otherwise, it just hangs out there with all of the other curiosity questions, like why is orange.

• Rocky
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by clayusmcret View Post
    I'd try the Rivco's out of curiosity, but the price is out of the question.
    Ahhh a closet Rivco fan huh??

• clayusmcret
    replied
    My new-to-me 03 came with MOPs. Not knowing any better I liked them and transferred them to my 08 when I traded. Still liked them. Even sold them to a friend and bought a new set which, come to find out, was an even better fit for my inseam because I reached out to Mick for guidance in choosing the right size. Still like them. The MOPs, along with my mini-boards and RDL, make a 10 hour day a truly enjoyable experience. I don't try to lay the bike down on its side in the curves so the ground clearance issue is not an issue for me. I'd try the Rivco's out of curiosity, but the price is out of the question to fix something that, for me, isn't broken. I love that we all have so many choices.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    When I bought my 1800. It had a saddlebag full of pegs.
    Mic o pegs.
    OEM lowering brackets.
    etc.

I couldn't understand why someone would buy so many different configurations,and not use any of them??

When I got home, Reality set in.
    I tried them all myself.
    I hated the MOP,because on clearance in the twistys.

Sold them all. and bought the Kury ergo 3 set.
    Had I known then, what I know now?

I'd of saved hundreds if not well over a grand, by replacing so many sets of Kury Crappychrome.

And just bought the Aero Pegs from the start.

But at the time (2006)
    The original Designer of the Areo pegs was having a dispute with HDL (Who was the sole seller of them)
    over the rights/selling cost of the product.
    So he stopped production all together.
    Then Rivco bought the Rights, a couple years later,and started producing/selling them.

I went with anodized aluminum,because a Buddy has the chrome version,and he has sand blasting on the forward edge. (Rechroming costs more than buying the chrome)

Leave a comment:

• Madrebel
    replied
    👍🏼

Leave a comment:

• kwthom
    commented on 's reply
    Two words...

"Ground clearance"

There's another thread on this forum that had a lengthy discussion on the topic.

• Madrebel
    commented on 's reply
    I’d love to hear the reasons vs the mick o pegs, tell me more,please

• kwthom
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, they are better - for various reasons of "better".

• KissMyDrums
    replied
    Can anyone say if these are "better" than the MIck-O-Pegs?

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied
    Update on these pegs, Rivco did send me another set, but just the flip out pegs, not the mounting part. The new pegs are noticeably better quality but are a different color black since they were probably made at a different time, they are more of a bluish black so now the mounted piece doesn't match the pegs.
    I also had to fork out almost $18 to send back the bad pegs.
    Oh well, I will live with it but not the happiest with Rivco now for $300+ pegs.

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied
    I must've gotten some that were made late on a Friday. I'll just get them swapped out under warranty hopefully. I do like the look and functionality of them.

Leave a comment:

• kwthom
    replied
    I've also got the black anodized pegs...a year and a half and 30,000 miles - no issues.

There's a rep from Rivco that comes by this forum periodically as a sponsor; they should see this.

RIVCO Products What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied
    here are the pics and one shows the paint coming off after a day.

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied
    Rocky, it appears you have your right side set one hole back as well in order to get them even, just like mine. I tried to attach pics but the files are too large, I'll try again another time.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
    ahh, that explains the offset. thanks.
    I might send Rivco some pictures.
    Scott. I measured the distance with my pegs extended on both sides to the engine guard. Both measurements were the same.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8424.JPG Views:	1 Size:	399.3 KB ID:	115035Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8425.JPG Views:	1 Size:	493.0 KB ID:	115034Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8426.JPG Views:	1 Size:	381.1 KB ID:	115033Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8427.JPG Views:	1 Size:	466.3 KB ID:	115032

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied
    ahh, that explains the offset. thanks.
    I might send Rivco some pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
    Well I put the Rivcos on and am a little disappointed. After one day of riding, the black was already chipping off and showing silver. Hard to believe rubber soled boots can chip paint off so easily.
    I also thought it odd that one side had to be mounted back one step from the other side in order for them to be evenly spaced when they are set out, if that makes sense.
    I expected better quality for the big money.
    1. Anodizing shouldn't "Chip off". I'd call Rivco and voice that problem, I wouldn't except "Painted pegs"

As for the mounting.

The Engine cyl heads are off set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	115016

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied
    Well I put the Rivcos on and am a little disappointed. After one day of riding, the black was already chipping off and showing silver. Hard to believe rubber soled boots can chip paint off so easily.
    I also thought it odd that one side had to be mounted back one step from the other side in order for them to be evenly spaced when they are set out, if that makes sense.
    I expected better quality for the big money.

Leave a comment:

• Yellowbird
    replied
    Going to add them just not in the budget right now.

Leave a comment:

• Scottyp
    replied
    ok I bit the bullet, will be adding them this weekend!

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page