Hiway pegs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiway pegs

Does anyone have the Rivco hiway pegs that bolt to the valve cover. Do you like them?

I love the new Rivco pegs on my GL1800
    You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Originally posted by laj48 View Post
      Does anyone have the Rivco hiway pegs that bolt to the valve cover. Do you like them?
      Yup - as Rocky said - I love 'em!

Has anyone with the black pegs noticed them turning more of a purple with time? I read some reviews about this happening.

I've got the chrome ones on my 13. I think they are one of the slickest products I've ever purchased. I wax them a couple times a year and they have held up well.

Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
            Has anyone with the black pegs noticed them turning more of a purple with time? I read some reviews about this happening.
            Scott. the Purple fade is a result of the Black anodize dye. Caused by UV rays.. (usually a couple years of sun exposure)

The only option is to have them re-anodized to bring back the color.

• kwthom
              kwthom commented
              Editing a comment
              ...or, enjoy the uniqueness of the fading.

Originally posted by laj48 View Post
            I have had them on for about 7 months now, far superior to the last several sets I have had... They're worth the money..IMHO
            RogueWing
            Visit Our Youtube Channel

I screwed around with other highway pegs. Eventually I bit the bullet (a year ago) and bought a set of the RIVCO Pegs. It would have been smarter to have started with these. IMHO, between appearance and function they can't be beat!

ok I bit the bullet, will be adding them this weekend!

Going to add them just not in the budget right now.
                  2010 Pearl Yellow L3, Double Darksider #856, Ultimate Midrider Seat w Yellow inlays, F4+4 Tinted, Live To Ride, Love my Wing

Well I put the Rivcos on and am a little disappointed. After one day of riding, the black was already chipping off and showing silver. Hard to believe rubber soled boots can chip paint off so easily.
                    I also thought it odd that one side had to be mounted back one step from the other side in order for them to be evenly spaced when they are set out, if that makes sense.
                    I expected better quality for the big money.

Well I put the Rivcos on and am a little disappointed. After one day of riding, the black was already chipping off and showing silver. Hard to believe rubber soled boots can chip paint off so easily.
                      I also thought it odd that one side had to be mounted back one step from the other side in order for them to be evenly spaced when they are set out, if that makes sense.
                      I expected better quality for the big money.
                      1. Anodizing shouldn't "Chip off". I'd call Rivco and voice that problem, I wouldn't except "Painted pegs"

As for the mounting.

The Engine cyl heads are off set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	115016
                      ************************************************** *******

ahh, that explains the offset. thanks.
                        I might send Rivco some pictures.

ahh, that explains the offset. thanks.
                          I might send Rivco some pictures.
                          Scott. I measured the distance with my pegs extended on both sides to the engine guard. Both measurements were the same.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8424.JPG Views:	1 Size:	399.3 KB ID:	115035Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8425.JPG Views:	1 Size:	493.0 KB ID:	115034Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8426.JPG Views:	1 Size:	381.1 KB ID:	115033Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8427.JPG Views:	1 Size:	466.3 KB ID:	115032
                          ************************************************** *******

Rocky, it appears you have your right side set one hole back as well in order to get them even, just like mine. I tried to attach pics but the files are too large, I'll try again another time.

here are the pics and one shows the paint coming off after a day.

I've also got the black anodized pegs...a year and a half and 30,000 miles - no issues.

There's a rep from Rivco that comes by this forum periodically as a sponsor; they should see this.

RIVCO Products What do you think?

I must've gotten some that were made late on a Friday. I'll just get them swapped out under warranty hopefully. I do like the look and functionality of them.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page