Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '93 gl1500 is a 4* timing gear good?

'93 goldwing, 62k,with ht roadsmith trike kit. the trike runs good but lacks pick up .ithink its because the kit is heavy. has anyone installed a 4* gear? local.
    shop is going to install it. this is the only performance upgrade i can find. i always use 93 octane gas. thanks lb

it's tough trouble shooting over the web...but I had a '93...I suggest you look at:
    a) a vacuum leak ( does it run better with the choke "on")...mine had a hose melted on the left side ( clutch lever side) of the engine above the "cam box"
    b) the fuel petcock is vacuum operated...when the bike has the least vacuum ( full throttle) the petcock can close starving the engine for fuel ( Cycle Max has a rebuild kit for the petcock) mine was a dog getting on the freeway
    c) Fuel pump...low fuel pressure makes the carbs starve for gas ...see attached ( didn't want to get stranded)
    the only performance up grade I know of had to to with ignition timing was a trigger wheel ...some have 4 degree advance ( 97 and up) and Valkyrie had 6 degree advance...another link below to the discussion on trigger wheels...hth

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...ger-wheel.html
    Replacing the GL1500 fuel pump

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Related Topics

Collapse

• gwyellow1
      Engine making rattling noise
      by gwyellow1
      When going up hill, there is a rattling noise coming from the front of the engine. It is more noticeable in 3-5 gears. My RPMs are normal fror the grade and the speed. This has started about 6 mo. ago a...
      04-13-2015, 02:20 PM
    • Heyzeus
      1993 Oldwing
      by Heyzeus
      So I own a 2018 Goldwing. My dad has a 1993 Goldwing SE and a 2008 wing. He can’t ride anymore. I am trying to get his 1993 wing from him. More for nostalgia reasons then anything else. It is new looking...
      12-07-2018, 06:47 AM
    • RickW
      GL1500 Help
      by RickW
      Our SE Ohio Ride that a lot of you have participated in went well today. 130 people and about 85 bikes.
      We did have one break down and need help or information for the person. He has a 1999 1500...
      08-08-2015, 07:01 PM
    • srt8-in-largo
      5 gallon Tourtank on an F6B
      by srt8-in-largo
      YEEEEEE-HAWWWWW guys! I finally got my Tourtank hooked up today and the thing works great... better than I expected!

This is the 16" long tank with a 10" diameter. I gave my impressions...
      10-10-2015, 09:45 PM
    • Goodolboy1
      Fuel Grade 86 88 90
      by Goodolboy1
      What grade of fuel 86 88 90 are you all using when you travel, If using the higher grade, Does your engine perform better ? Are you getting more miles per gallon ?
      08-08-2014, 06:06 PM
    Working...
    X