Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldwing body parts

I have a 89 GL1500, Where might a fella look for some body parts. Not sure of all the part names without my book but thought since i was out of town for work i would get some places from you peeps to start looking hehe I know I need some grommets, the plastic panel that holds the volt meter and a couple of other things

Thanks
    Chris

You start with a OEM parts Fiche.

There you'll find out what is still available.

From there you'll now have part names and OEM Part numbers.

From there you google the part name/number.
    Ebay is where I start.

Should you find a part. Its wise to find contact number, So you can "ASK" if they have the item in stock??
    Many don't have up to date lists.

Why wait for them to take your money for a few days, Only to hear "We don't stock that Item" anymore,
    We'll refund your money in 5-7 business days (It most certainly happens)

I have been buying vintage parts for many years, including the past two months. (You got to ask questions)
    Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
    "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
    Current bikes.
    1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
    1986 GL1200 SEi
    2004 GL1800

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Thanks

Here's a story about such a thing...

I'm at the parts counter at my Honda (auto) dealer not long ago. As I'm waiting for my order to get processed, a guy walks in. He's got a couple of plastic faux wood-grain panels - said it was from an Accord from eight or so years ago (I didn't pay attention to that part).

The other parts guy (old crotchety dude...) spends a few minutes looking up the items. About - $400 for one and $290 for the other. Good news is that they're *both* still available.

Customer about messed his pants, said "Thanks, but no thanks." and walked away.

When we got back in the car, I told my wife either the counter guy royally mis-read the part fiche and quoted him the wrong item, or they really are like gold.

Luck to ya in your search!
        Ken (IBA #50030) & Grace (IBA #62768)Tucson, AZ"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕMy blog

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page