Buddy cross connected the battery cables on his 1500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy cross connected the battery cables on his 1500

A friend of mine just called me to say that when he installed his new battery last night, which was also the wrong size battery, that he accidentally connected positive to negative and negative to positive. He is currently headed to the shop to get the correct battery. Is there any I should help him check immediately to see what this has done to his bike?

Be a good friend, and "Don't let him work on his bike" anymore.

BTW-The cables aren't long enough to do what he claimed.

I'm still trying to understand how anyone could sell him a battery, with the poles on opposite sides of the battery?.

as a friend like to say "I Need more Words" here.

You may not like the truth but that don't change it!

When Life hands you a Curve - Lean into it!!.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

• kiptap
      kiptap commented
      Editing a comment
      Be a good friend, and "Don't let him work on his bike" anymore.

I hurt my sides and a contact teared out.

• kwthom
      kwthom commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know what 'always on' circuits would be on a 1500. On the 1800, there's a couple of relays for the starting circuits that would engage as soon as the key goes from OFF to ON, prior to starting the bike.

Guess, I'd try to first find a schematic for the bike to identify what may have been inadvertently energized with the battery in backwards.

That's not to mention any auxiliary circuits that may have been added, such as trailer power isolators, etc. that may or may not have reverse polarity protection built into the device.

Rocky is right - need more of an explanation of what was done - details, man, details! :D
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page